Official Game Thread: SLU vs Prince Albertson's

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a more serious note, Princeton fans are some of the classiest around. After the game, all the guys I ran into (there were 3 younger guys, I think recent alumni) were very nice. Awesome fans, and good to get a quality win against a program that played cornell twice. I can't wait until next season, to be the team in the ncaa tournament instead of being on the outside looking in...oh well. Who's road tripping to VCU??????

Just as long as they don't break out with, "That's all right, that's okay; you'll be working for us some day."

OH-fence. His accented way of saying offense.

Ohfense? Well, he seems to be pretty good at coaching it, saying it, not so much.

Guest BillikenReport

So how many questions did Earl ask Majerus? Two?

There was some talk before the post-game press conference about how many times Majerus might use the phrase "bastardized lineup," which seems to be one of his favorites. But he did not say it once during the 11 or so minutes he spoke.

I was tempted to ask a question about how a basketball soaked in beer is still used in the game and not replaced with a new ball, but I have no idea where the conversation might have gone from there and I knew some of the newspaper guys had deadlines to worry about.

For what it's worth, Willie Reed is the first name listed under 'Top Performers - 03/24/10' on ESPN's Scoreboard page: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard?d...4&confId=55

Sure, he didn't have a lot of competition for the honor, but it's always nice to see SLU hoops pop up on nationally-read websites. Second name listed: L. Sanders, VCU, with 2 less boards and 2 less points than our guy. Willie's going to have to show up and give this guy all he's got if we're going to win this series.

Just as long as they don't break out with, "That's all right, that's okay; you'll be working for us some day."

Lol they certainly didn't. I started a couple "start your Bentley" cheers near the end of the game. So if anything, I started the socioeconomic cheers haha

The princeton did some sort of cheer at the end (alma mater?) which I thought was pretty cool.

Lol they certainly didn't. I started a couple "start your Bentley" cheers near the end of the game. So if anything, I started the socioeconomic cheers haha

The princeton did some sort of cheer at the end (alma mater?) which I thought was pretty cool.

I didn't think they were so classy sans for the couple I talked to after the game. I tried to get a "safety school" chant goin. :lol: