SLU v. Princeton - 9 p.m. EST on Wed.

moytoy12

Son of a...

looks like it's 30 second delay on the internet radio again.

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/cbi10_bracket.pdf

Good. The grad students are getting really p*ssed off that I keep skipping class to watch basketball and still dominating them on exams. ;)B) Guess I won't have to skip. :(

why is it princeton....i saw the bracket and i know we're playing them but weren't they opposite our bracket?

either way, we're gonna be exhausted but it should be a slow game anyway...

Porter said they try to accommodate teams travel-wise. Princeton is in Indy and would have a short trip to STL.

Porter said they try to accommodate teams travel-wise. Princeton is in Indy and would have a short trip to STL.

That actually makes sense. I figured there was something behind it attendance wise but that sounds reasonable.

I see.....well that's fine with me....i assume a team like VCU would want to run around everywhere whereas princeton would like to slow it down.......SLU will be tired and a man short without JJ, should be a tough game......Princeton is great defensively, need to make a lot more shots than we did today.....willie can dominate hopefully, and kwamain can take over a little more i hope.

Hello Billikens!

I'll be following your basketball program here over the next few days, so feel free to ask any questions you may have about Princeton and I can answer 'em.

I want to know: is there anyplace I could see some clips/highlights of this year's SLU team playing ball? Anywhere I can read a run-down of the starting line-up and off-the-bench stars?

ivy.basketball-u.com is a great resource to learn about Princeton and all the Ivy teams (especially Cornell right now). There are some articles as well as a great free message board.

At Princeton, the only SLU we are used to is St. Lawrence University. They're in our ice hockey conference. This is quite a change of pace!

Hello Billikens!

I'll be following your basketball program here over the next few days, so feel free to ask any questions you may have about Princeton and I can answer 'em.

I want to know: is there anyplace I could see some clips/highlights of this year's SLU team playing ball? Anywhere I can read a run-down of the starting line-up and off-the-bench stars?

ivy.basketball-u.com is a great resource to learn about Princeton and all the Ivy teams (especially Cornell right now). There are some articles as well as a great free message board.

At Princeton, the only SLU we are used to is St. Lawrence University. They're in our ice hockey conference. This is quite a change of pace!

Here's the link to my youtube homepage. ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/zacass1

Hello Billikens!

Good post Princeton fan. Find the links tacked at the top for Tom Timmermann's blog, Billiken Report, and SLU's hoop homepage. Enjoy learning about our team. We're so injury depleted right now, it's crazy. We're now down to 8 scholly players and an untested walkon.

Do you have a link to your message board?

I very much doubt that. I had a friend who had a son looking at various schools to play ball including some Ivy schools and he said that those schools are very creative in putting together "academic" scholarships and other types of student aid to help basketball players. The end result is that many players get help, but they do not call it an athletic scholarship.

I very much doubt that. I had a friend who had a son looking at various schools to play ball including some Ivy schools and he said that those schools are very creative in putting together "academic" scholarships and other types of student aid to help basketball players. The end result is that many players get help, but they do not call it an athletic scholarship.

They aren't academic or athletic scholarships. The term "scholarship" is typically only applied to money given (not loaned) based on merit -- whether it's being good at math or putting a ball in a hoop.

HOWEVER, Harvard and Princeton have absurdly generous "need-based" financial aid programs, which result in most students (many of whom are not that poor) paying nothing or next-to-nothing for an education. Essentially, a coach can go to an urban school, recruit any student, and tell him/her that he/she will be able to go to Princeton for free... if they can get in. Something like 65% of Princeton's student body is on some amount of financial-aid. I believe any family earning under $80K/year gets to send their kid for free.

The message board is at

http://boards.basketball-u.com/showforum.php?fid/3/

We're down to 0 scholly players <_<

Would you be interested in trading one of your non-scholarship guards for our non-scholarship guard? :(

BTW, a Princeton grad once told me that more St. Louisans go to Princeton than any other Ivy League school. They may have more fans in attendance tomorrow than we might normally expect from an Ivy opponent.

Game is also on channel 306 on DirecTv, and somewhere around 320 on Dish. It's called the HD channel.

Good luck Bills!

362 or 9422 on Dish