Go X

slu72

With NI and St. Mary's winning biggies last night, it's now time for X to step up and knock off another Big LEast team. C'mon X we're pulling for y'all. Good story in the Boston article about Samahan. Lightly recruited out of HS as he weighed 330, but Bennet saw the potential. Kid worked his butt off developing his old style low post big man game. Note to WR and CR, get on it this summer. And note to RM and PM, please get us Mr. Loe. Everyone always says the college game is now all about guard play. Not to discount it, but a good big man down low can truly be a game changer.

X up 3 with :15 to go. Pitt has nailed two late threes. X going to have difficulty getting this inbounds from the corner. Pulling for X.

If we are being honest, X is what we strive to be. Go X

Regardless of today's game, I think we should be more like Pitt. They are the only team in a pro sports town void of an

NBA team. They have filled that gap and benefitted greatly from it. Although either would

be ok with me

Regardless of today's game, I think we should be more like Pitt. They are the only team in a pro sports town void of an

NBA team. They have filled that gap and benefitted greatly from it. Although either would

be ok with me

Cincy doesn't have an NBA team, plus SLU is more similar to Xavier than Pitt. Pittsburgh does have a more similar pro sports' scene with an MLB, NFL, and NHL team.

be ok with me

Great win by Xavier today.

Xavier is a basketball only school in a non-BCS conference. that is who we are and clearly we want to be where they are.

Cincy doesn't have an NBA team, plus SLU is more similar to Xavier than Pitt. Pittsburgh does have a more similar pro sports' scene with an MLB, NFL, and NHL team.

X also has UC to compete with. They also don't have hockey. They do have a baseball team but there isn't much comparison in the fan base there. NFL is probably a wash right now. And I'd hope he aspire to be into a basketball power conference. So I guess I'd rather be Pitt than Xavier or gonzaga or butler.

be ok with me

How can you forget Duquesne??

Great win by Xavier today.

Xavier is a basketball only school in a non-BCS conference. that is who we are and clearly we want to be where they are.

Xavier is one of two teams to make the sweet sixteen each of the last three years....."clearly we want to be where they are"

They are 5 point dogs to K State. I can see them winning this game. I can also see Jordan Crawford going pro after this season with the way he's played, especially in the tournament.

Couldn't find a better place to post this so I'll do it here.

With Dayton, Rhody, and SLU all winning last night, our Sagarin rating improved from 84 to 79. I know it's small thing but with the rpi rankings done for the year, it's the only ranking scale left that I know of that continues to update based on postseason games.

Add X into the mix with two wins this weekend, and continued good play by Dayton and Rhody and who knows how low our Sagarin can go. :(

Another A-10 trifecta tonight. Can't wait to see where Sagarin has us tomorrow.

Tuesday we improved from 84-79, Wednesday we fell to 81 despite no A-10 teams playing.

Hoping for another five position improvement tomorrow.

Sagarin rating improves 11 spots to # 70. A good night's work by the Bills and the A-10 in general.

Let's go X!!

An all A-10 NIT final is what we want. An X win is what we want. Good for $$ (NCAA at least), good for recruiting, good for RPI, good all around to my way of thinking.

Looking ahead in the NIT, I predict Rhody over UNC and Dayton over Ole Miss.

Rhody takes down Dayton in the final.

Watching Rhody and Dayton over the past two games, I'm impressed that the Bills had enough to win 3 of 4 from those teams. VCU is very much like Rhody with good size and athleticism. Hope we can shoot well enough to stay with them.