SLU at Dayton

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Brian Gregory signed that extension last year. Athletes are great, don't get me wrong, and I'd take Gregory as a lead recruiter anywhere, bu eventually you will have to coach. Kind of like what happens when Calipari gets in close games.

Where's all our Flyer faithful????

I am in AC Friday morning. Rhode Island will play St. Joe's in the 5/12 on Wednesday. Root for St. Joe's.

Good thing Brian Gregory signed that extension last year. Athletes are grat, don't get me wrong, and I'd take Gregory as a lead recruiter anywhere, bu eventually you will have to coach. Kind of like what happens when Calipari gets in close games.

I am in AC Friday morning. Rhode Island will play St. Joe's in the 5/12. Root for St. Joe's.

Rhode Island doesn't scare me.

I think we finished 19-25 from the line

You've seen my research on the Earthquake effect. It is still holding true. FTs are no longer a problem for SLU.

Majerus now officially owns Brian Gregory. He must call Majerus for permission to go out this weekend.

Oh! I will have fun with the Dayton Alum at the office on Monday...he was darn sure that Dayton would win tonight. I agree with the sentiment of winning the next 3 games to get the automatic A10 bid. I am really proud of the effort of our team.

Good thing Brian Gregory signed that extension last year. Athletes are great, don't get me wrong, and I'd take Gregory as a lead recruiter anywhere, bu eventually you will have to coach. Kind of like what happens when Calipari gets in close games.

I am in AC Friday morning. Rhode Island will play St. Joe's in the 5/12 on Wednesday. Root for St. Joe's.

Dayton is pure street ball. And a well coached team, especially one that can defend and shoot, beats street ball every time, irrespective of the so-called "talent."

You've seen my research on the Earthquake effect. It is still holding true. FTs are no longer a problem for SLU.

I completely disagree with you. It was a quality win, but the kids that were making their threes have always made their threes....props go to Majerus to MANAGING his players and MANAGING who goes on the foul line.

Huge win.

Yes, credit the kids, but Majerus pushed them to the win.

A lot of teams would have gone thru the motions in this spot.

It was the first time SLU could have relaxed, had clinched 4th and a bye, Dayton was "on the NCAA bubble", senior night, so they were supposed to be more motivated. TV guy said Dayton has 4 guys with 40 inch verticals.

But when you teach, push, teach, coach, teach, push every second... the kids think that way, too, and played to win.

Impressive!

I've been monitoring this on ESPN gamecast since I'm out of town, and that last 1:10 seemed like an hour. How about our 70+% free throws and 50% on the 3's. We've matured beyond my wildest dreams and the Aussie duo has given us a hugh lift. Great season, I'm really looking forward to the tourney, but unless we win it and with Temple, that's challenging. I'm betting on NIT but haven't given up on the big dance.