Reed with 4 Blocks?

davidnark

I saw that Reed was listed with 4 blocks last night. Am I alone in recalling that he had about twice as many?

This is really getting old. Willie (and others) have been cheated out of numerous blocks this year because of incompetent score keeping. It's a shame if this is going to cost him the school record for blocks.

When Rammer reported that Willie had 4 blocks on the post game show I was shocked. During the game it seemed like he had at least six. It could be that some of the blocks I thought he was responsible for went to CR and JS, but now that I think about it Wille was not in the game when they were. Official scoring for the games does seem to be inaccurate. This is just one of the areas that need to be improved upon. Game presentation needs to start with the removal of Guy Phillips as the PA announcer. Midway in the second half, KW was at the free throw line and Phillips is announcing who's on the line as Kwamain was shooting. That was one of his two misses. Can't this Guy get it right!!!

When Rammer reported that Willie had 4 blocks on the post game show I was shocked. During the game it seemed like he had at least six. It could be that some of the blocks I thought he was responsible for went to CR and JS, but now that I think about it Wille was not in the game when they were. Official scoring for the games does seem to be inaccurate. This is just one of the areas that need to be improved upon. Game presentation needs to start with the removal of Guy Phillips as the PA announcer. Midway in the second half, KW was at the free throw line and Phillips is announcing who's on the line as Kwamain was shooting. That was one of his two misses. Can't this Guy get it right!!!

i have mentioned this before. no one should be announcing as either team is shooting free throws. it is rude. i think the band also should quit sooner so that Guy can get two cents in before the ball is handed to the shooter. just my opinion.

i have mentioned this before. no one should be announcing as either team is shooting free throws. it is rude. i think the band also should quit sooner so that Guy can get two cents in before the ball is handed to the shooter. just my opinion.

Or he could just shutup all together. For the whole game. And never talk. That would be a MASSIVE improvement. And I wouldn't lose so many brain cells.

...welcome to our official scoring. skimping blocks is their calling card. Suck City.

Runnin/ DavidNark-

Willie blocks per game avg is 41% higher at home than on the road(or neutral sites). I think our scorers are always quick to credit our players whenever possible.

Willies Home Blocks per game: 2.44

Willies Away Blocks per game: 1.72

I would confidently assume that KMs assists stats are also much better during home games, although that also is partly due to us playing better offensively during home games.

Runnin/ DavidNark-

Willie blocks per game avg is 70% higher at home than on the road(or neutral sites). I think our scorers are always quick to credit our players whenever possible.

I would confidently assume that KMs assists stats are also much better during home games, although that also is partly due to us playing better offensively during home games.

Are you a past or current student? If so, you're not making SLU's admission standards look all that impressive.

Runnin/ DavidNark-

Willie blocks per game avg is 41% higher at home than on the road(or neutral sites). I think our scorers are always quick to credit our players whenever possible.

That may very well be a product of the way Willie plays when he's at home vs. on the road. He's a high-energy guy that feeds of the crowd.

Willie had more than 4 blocks easily. Our scorers missed quite a few.

To those think our scorers missed blocks by our team in the Duq game, Professor Backhand has gone to the boxscore:

Duquesne was 24-53 from the field, within that 5-14 from 3pt land. Assuming we blocked no 3 pointers taken (we didnt that game), that leave Duquesne at 19-39. So they essentially missed 20 shots that we could have blocked. The scorers recorded 8 blocks from these 20 missed shots.

SLU as a team blocked 40% of their attempts within the 3pt arc. Does anyone think we actually rejected more shots than that???

There were a couple plays where WR contested shots along with either JS or CE, so there may be plays where someone else was credited for that block that by memory you might have thought went to WR but I'm hesitant to say we actually had more blocks as a team than what was recorded.

Temple tonight!