Guess who was on SC's Top 10- twice!

slu72

No surprise here, but X made it twice. The slippery sliding lay up, which was clearly a travel but the ref probably figured once the ball was put up there was no way it was going in... surprise surprise surprise as Gomer used to say. Then of course, Love's unreal put back. Killers both of 'em, and there were probably a few other X baskets that normally would have made the big screen but the editors probably figured 2 highlights for 1 team's enough for one day. Just incredible bad luck for the Billikids. Both plays had to feel like daggers to the heart.

No surprise here, but X made it twice. The slippery sliding lay up, which was clearly a travel but the ref probably figured once the ball was put up there was no way it was going in... surprise surprise surprise as Gomer used to say. Then of course, Love's unreal put back. Killers both of 'em, and there were probably a few other X baskets that normally would have made the big screen but the editors probably figured 2 highlights for 1 team's enough for one day. Just incredible bad luck for the Billikids. Both plays had to feel like daggers to the heart.

Bad luck and poor officiating...That non call on the travel was ridiculous.

Bad luck and poor officiating...That non call on the travel was ridiculous.

firstly, I want to say great game yesterday and I am extremely happy to see SLU where it is right now. The competitive edge you guys bring to the A-10 has been phenomenal this season and is great for the A-10.

But to blame the game on bad luck is kind of a poor excuse in my opinion (I know you guys probably don't care one bit about what I have to say). Xavier entered the game as the 5th best three point defending team in the country, and you guys entered the game as the 218th best three point shooting team in the country. Take that into consideration, and you would expect a tough night on the three point end for you guys. But you still started off the game 10-17 from three point range, which I admit had partially to do with the good screens you were setting and plays you were running, but there is also some degree of luck involved with that. Eventually you guys cooled off, which is bad luck, but you still shot 7% above your season average at 10-25. My point being that sure Xavier was lucky with the shots that Holloway and Love made, I'll admit that any day of the week, but you need to realize that you will rarely see a team shoot 25% better from 3pt land vs. the normal average for an entire game, just like you rarely (but still do) see shots like we made.

firstly, I want to say great game yesterday and I am extremely happy to see SLU where it is right now. The competitive edge you guys bring to the A-10 has been phenomenal this season and is great for the A-10.

But to blame the game on bad luck is kind of a poor excuse in my opinion (I know you guys probably don't care one bit about what I have to say). Xavier entered the game as the 5th best three point defending team in the country, and you guys entered the game as the 218th best three point shooting team in the country. Take that into consideration, and you would expect a tough night on the three point end for you guys. But you still started off the game 10-17 from three point range, which I admit had partially to do with the good screens you were setting and plays you were running, but there is also some degree of luck involved with that. Eventually you guys cooled off, which is bad luck, but you still shot 7% above your season average at 10-25. My point being that sure Xavier was lucky with the shots that Holloway and Love made, I'll admit that any day of the week, but you need to realize that you will rarely see a team shoot 25% better from 3pt land vs. the normal average for an entire game, just like you rarely (but still do) see shots like we made.

We also have the #1 three-point defense in the nation, and you only took 11 shots, six of them by the same guy. SLU was clearly better from outside the arc. No, SLU fans can not and should not blame the officials; as Majerus pointed out, a few more block outs (wow rebounding went downhill), free throws, or a few less empty possessions and SLU takes the ball game.

The thing, though, is that SLU is this good - this year. If I was Xavier, I'd be nervous about next year..

STFU and get lost.

We also have the #1 three-point defense in the nation, and you only took 11 shots, six of them by the same guy. SLU was clearly better from outside the arc. No, SLU fans can not and should not blame the officials; as Majerus pointed out, a few more block outs (wow rebounding went downhill), free throws, or a few less empty possessions and SLU takes the ball game.

The thing, though, is that SLU is this good - this year. If I was Xavier, I'd be nervous about next year..

And your point with that is? Citing a percentage might be good. One guy shooting 6 shots means nothing-now if he makes all 6 then yes it means something. I agree that some of Crawford's bombs were lucky, but face it Cassity is no match for an NBA-caliber player like Crawford. And I wouldn't go saying SLU was clearly better from outside the arc-we shot at a better clip 45.5 vs. 40 (granted you shot more often). And our 3pt offense is 33 vs your number 1 defense. That's a much closer battle then 5 vs. 218. Therefore our consistency on both ends would make X the better team beyond the arc.

Oh I am nervous. I was nervous about last night. Going into the game I knew we would have a battle on our hands. SLU has a similar style arena to Xavier and it is always tough to play in loud venues like Cintas and Chaifetz. SLU also has a wacky, but great coach in Majerus. Good game last night, I hope you win the rest of your games and end up in the tourney.

And your point with that is? Citing a percentage might be good. One guy shooting 6 shots means nothing-now if he makes all 6 then yes it means something. I agree that some of Crawford's bombs were lucky, but face it Cassity is no match for an NBA-caliber player like Crawford. And I wouldn't go saying SLU was clearly better from outside the arc-we shot at a better clip 45.5 vs. 40 (granted you shot more often). And our 3pt offense is 33 vs your number 1 defense. That's a much closer battle then 5 vs. 218. Therefore our consistency on both ends would make X the better team beyond the arc.

Oh I am nervous. I was nervous about last night. Going into the game I knew we would have a battle on our hands. SLU has a similar style arena to Xavier and it is always tough to play in loud venues like Cintas and Chaifetz. SLU also has a wacky, but great coach in Majerus. Good game last night, I hope you win the rest of your games and end up in the tourney.

We did start the game at an unbelievable shooting percentage, I'd say based somewhat on luck. The thing that is running through my head is that with players like crawford and love, you could've beat us by 30. How the hell did Dayton beat this team? The last time I saw a player like Crawford on the floor with the Billikens, his name was Larry Hughes.

We did start the game at an unbelievable shooting percentage, I'd say based somewhat on luck. The thing that is running through my head is that with players like crawford and love, you could've beat us by 30. How the hell did Dayton beat this team? The last time I saw a player like Crawford on the floor with the Billikens, his name was Larry Hughes.

I agree-it is based on somewhat luck-not all luck-but some. And we lost to Dayton at UD because we have fits at UD. Love got 2 fouls within the first minute of the game and he played timidly the rest of the game (unlike last night). Crawford was the only player to contribute anything that game. McLean, Love, and Crawford have all been gelling since the Dayton game and we have been rolling as a result.

I agree-it is based on somewhat luck-not all luck-but some. And we lost to Dayton at UD because we have fits at UD. Love got 2 fouls within the first minute of the game and he played timidly the rest of the game (unlike last night). Crawford was the only player to contribute anything that game. McLean, Love, and Crawford have all been gelling since the Dayton game and we have been rolling as a result.

In a loosely called game we have no one with enough bulk to stand up to someone like love. Everytime he gave us a little "rump roast" we gave ground. Maybe we should've tried flopping. It wasn't like we were stopping him anyway.......

That was the best performance at Chaifetz since that guy on Kent State went ape (excrement) on us last year.

For the leagues sake I hope Crawford stays another two years. For our sake, I hope he trips on a sidewalk crack or a healthy Femi John goes Justin Love all over his femur at the conference tourney so we can win it.........

For the leagues sake I hope Crawford stays another two years. For our sake, I hope he trips on a sidewalk crack or a healthy Femi John goes Justin Love all over his femur at the conference tourney so we can win it.........

Crawford is either going to leave after this season or next season. If he stays after this year, he will get his degree next year, and I don't imagine him wanting to take more classes, especially graduate ones, when he can most likely play in the NBA. Everyone in Muskie Nation is hoping that he stays next year. If he doesn't it'll be a big blow.

Crawford is either going to leave after this season or next season. If he stays after this year, he will get his degree next year, and I don't imagine him wanting to take more classes, especially graduate ones, when he can most likely play in the NBA. Everyone in Muskie Nation is hoping that he stays next year. If he doesn't it'll be a big blow.

Buy Crawford a Jerry McGuire DVD and show him the money. The kid's too good. And as for luck, we practice 3's. Do you guys practice sliding on the floor about two feet then throwing up a prayer. Or the falling back on one leg and shoot if from your elbow put back. You made SC because they were incredibly lucky one in a million shots. If I was an X fan I'd be buying some power ball tickets today. X, however, will continue to be a power and we've got to come up with an answer. Hopefully, our incoming class will consist of a 7'1 import from NZ, who's rumored to be another "lucky" 3 point shooter. Let's see y'all deal with that.