Kyle Cassity

davidnark

For a season and a half, we have all watched Kyle Cassity repeatedly beat any defender off the dribble and then stop a few feet from the basket only to kick the ball back out. I have banged my head against the wall wondering when he would just complete the easy part of the play by taking the ball the remaining 10% of the way to the rim. Tonight he did it repeatedly. I think this kid has turned a serious corner, and I can't to see the next level of his game. I also love the fact that next season he can easily slide over to start at the 3 if McCall is as good as promised.

For a season and a half, we have all watched Kyle Cassity repeatedly beat []any defender[/b] off the dribble and then stop a few feet from the basket only to kick the ball back out. I have banged my head against the wall wondering when he would just complete the easy part of the play by taking the ball the remaining 10% of the way to the rim. Tonight he did it repeatedly. I think this kid has turned a serious corner, and I can't to see the next level of his game. I also love the fact that next season he can easily slide over to start at the 3 if McCall is as good as promised.

Agreed. I'm also very impressed with his defense. He admitted in the stltoday.com piece that he's rarely the more athletic player, but he has learned angles and gaps to compensate. That clearly shows. He moves well on D and generally takes a good angle at his man. Really good on both sides of the ball tonight (and the last couple of games).

I am just looking for all the KC haters we had early on in the season. I said then as I will say now. He is only a sophomore and will just improve :)

The haters are quiet (including a few in my ticket group who are now eating crow). Cassity has literally been the difference in the last couple wins.

I am just looking for all the KC haters we had early on in the season. I said then as I will say now. He is only a sophomore and will just improve :D

I was one of those who did not think Kyle added much to the team early on this season; but clearly (and fortunately) I was wrong. His help defense has been outstanding recently. And his aggressiveness in fighting for loose balls is good to see.

In contrast, every time I was Willie go out to the top of the key, I wince in anticipation of his man backing down to the post and getting the ball. It is at those times that is good to have other team members like Kyle watching your backside.

Go Kyle!

The haters are quiet (including a few in my ticket group who are now eating crow). Cassity has literally been the difference in the last couple wins.

I totally agree. I always saw the potential, but the majority of the board was thinking that the bench was the best place for him. I also trusted Majeras" decision to recruit the kid. The backhandtherican brother was a total basher as were my sons and other people on the board. The kid is a born leader. One of the reasons KM can score and roam as much as he does is because KC slides over and plays the point. He is the glue on the team. Like you said, where are the KC bashers now.

I gave up crow for lent. It is tasty, though, you are right. Best in the city is Cal's Crow on W 44th St.

any one else notice the massive amount of crows on campus now??? theres probably at least 500 outside my window in marchetti every night... something out of alfed hitchcock...

but looks like these crows will be feasting on rams tonight!!!

I am just looking for all the KC haters we had early on in the season. I said then as I will say now. He is only a sophomore and will just improve :D

My name is Joe and I was a Cassity hater. Love the aggressiveness to the hoop with the left hand. Still hate how weak he is with the ball in his hands. He regularly gets knocked off the ball leading to turnovers. 4 TOs tonight against 5 assists. You're right though, he'll get better. I was skeptical he'd turn the corner but it stares me in the face now. The weight room is your friend Kyle.

I will gladly eat crow.

Cassity's offense has gone from Dwayne Polk levels of nothingnness to our 3rd or 4th best offensive player. I admit I never like a kid at that level that is timid, it is almost impossible to coach heart, but KC is finally bringing it.

His defense though is off the charts. He won't make the all defense team but he should. He is ably filling Lisch's shoes.

I will gladly eat crow.

Cassity offense has gone Dwayne Polk levels of nothingnness to our 3rd or 4th best offensive player. I admit I never like a kid at that level that is timid, it is almost impossible to coach heart, but KC is finally bringing it.

His defense though is off the charts. He won't make the all defense team but he should. He is ably filling Lisch's shoes.

If the Torch approves, then we know that KC is indeed leaps and bounds beyond what he was two months ago. As 05 loves to say, "Bring out the Lion!"

I will gladly eat crow.

Cassity offense has gone Dwayne Polk levels of nothingnness to our 3rd or 4th best offensive player. I admit I never like a kid at that level that is timid, it is almost impossible to coach heart, but KC is finally bringing it.

RI guard intimidated KM and he went wildly out of control; RM strategy of having CS, KM, KC all start kept us from completely falling apart. This was a very physical opponent and Willie, Conklin, and CS deserve credit that does not show up in the box scores.

I was really ###### Kyle early on because it was just frustrating to watch. I am really glad to see he is proving myself and others wrong.

Christian also really deserves praise as well. He on the ball defense is great and love the tenacity.

Eastside-thanks for pointing fingers, I knew once I saw this thread you would have a comment.

Billikenfan05 has said all season he had the ability!

billiken roy has been cassity's biggest champion this season. i was the one willing to take on the rican's gang in the november/december debates when they made it a daily topic.

billiken roy has been cassity's biggest champion this season. i was the one willing to take on the rican's gang in the november/december debates when they made it a daily topic.

You're the man...you win. Nice work.

I am just looking for all the KC haters we had early on in the season. I said then as I will say now. He is only a sophomore and will just improve :lol:

Count me in as an early season KC hater. Mea Culpa. That guy has come a long way. If he just had the tenacity of a Kevin Lisch he could really be something. As is stands he has turned into one of the most important players on the team.

I was really ###### Kyle early on because it was just frustrating to watch. I am really glad to see he is proving myself and others wrong.

Christian also really deserves praise as well. He on the ball defense is great and love the tenacity.

Eastside-thanks for pointing fingers, I knew once I saw this thread you would have a comment.

I agree about all the good stuff being said about Kyle. It's also to the point where I'm more comfortable with him bringing it up against the press then KM.

I also agree that CS deserves praise. He was really struggling early in the conference season, but the jump shot seems to be falling now and he's also driving occasionally. He also brings a lot of emotion.