Back to Basketball SLU v Dayton

slu72

The great Blizzard of '10 is really dimming my hopes for an upset of UD on Saturday. Hopefully they escape its grip today and get back to some sense of normalcy, ie their own bed and to practice in friendly confines of the Chey. Does anyone know if they would've practiced on Wed or could've? If not and Thursday is travel day, if they're lucky according to the weather meisters, they may have only Friday to prep for UD. Tough... real tough. Also, did someone mention this game's on ESPN?

The great Blizzard of '10 is really dimming my hopes for an upset of UD on Saturday. Hopefully they escape its grip today and get back to some sense of normalcy, ie their own bed and to practice in friendly confines of the Chey. Does anyone know if they would've practiced on Wed or could've? If not and Thursday is travel day, if they're lucky according to the weather meisters, they may have only Friday to prep for UD. Tough... real tough. Also, did someone mention this game's on ESPN?

Knowing Rick he prefers staying out in Philly till he absolutely has to return. He wants that total control of the team. He probably found some obscure parochial grade school gym and practicing the crap out them and when not practicing, blowing them away with game plan CD's. This way, he returns the day before the game which is usually a light practice day anyhow.

Also, sleeping in a hotel for him is nothing out of the ordinary :lol:

I think they'll get back in time, but preparation is going to be minimal. My only hope is that they have gym access in Philly and are just bonding/practicing... and SHOOTING FREE THROWS. I like our chances this weekend. And yes, the game is on ESPNU. I get it here on Comcast, but I don't know about other providers.

Is winning a home game against Dayton really that much of an upset?

Yes.

We have 1 home loss this year to SMSU, and KM didn't play that game as I recall. We're playing Dayton, not Kansas. Dayton has been a pretty good road team this year...I think they're one game under .500. We're both 6-3 in conference. While we're a young group that has shown some lapses a ttimes, I don't think winning this game is out of the question. I'm not so quick to dismiss the home court advantage.

We have 1 home loss this year to SMSU, and KM didn't play that game as I recall. We're playing Dayton, not Kansas. Dayton has been a pretty good road team this year...I think they're one game under .500. We're both 6-3 in conference. While we're a young group that has shown some lapses a ttimes, I don't think winning this game is out of the question. I'm not so quick to dismiss the home court advantage.

I know we are tough to beat at home but other then Richmond we havent beaten a team with an RPI under 150 at home(maybe Nebraska but they are right at 150). 11-1 is great but we havent really beaten anybody other then Richmond. Dayton has won their last 3 games by a combined 70pts. This would most definitely be an upset.

In some instances, less is more with RM. Maybe fewer practices after a long road trip is a good thing.

I think this is going to be a very close game. Your style is a great equalizer, and I expect your home court to be ready for us. And teams that have a great tactician like Majerus, give us some trouble. A disciplined defense always keeps a game close. Our team is only run and gun for spurts if given a good opportunity to run. Otherwise, we actually play a slow half court game where we use a lot of shot clock.

EVERYONE gets a ten to fifteen point lead to start the game until we wake up. Hopefully or defense can prevent an early blowout till that happens.......

especially on the road. I say we save the fans a bit of heartache and begin the game at the 12 minute mark with SLU down by a score of 16-6.

I think this is going to be a very close game. Your style is a great equalizer, and I expect your home court to be ready for us. And teams that have a great tactician like Majerus, give us some trouble. A disciplined defense always keeps a game close. Our team is only run and gun for spurts if given a good opportunity to run. Otherwise, we actually play a slow half court game where we use a lot of shot clock.

I tend to agree with you. If this game were in Dayton, I'd say a SLU victory would be a pretty nice upset. Being in St. Louis equalizes things quite a bit. Obviously our young guys could somehow choke like they did at Richmond, but we haven't seen that at home (at least not yet). Our home record has been quite good ever since Rich quit coming to the games! ;)

We DID beat Richmond at home without WR.

Dayton will be the best team we've faced this year at home and probably the best team we'll face till Xavier (sorry had to do it.)

SLU will likely try to slow things to a crawl but there have been spurts this year where we've been carved up by fask breaks. Hopefully we can minimise this against some terrific athletes and knock Mr Roberts off his game.......