Enough with the contrived player introductions

Duff Man

Listening to Heart of Champion, that would be the best. Best lead in music. References to multiple hoop stars.

that would be nice, it would also be nice if when they introduced a player, they showed a short wideo clip or highlight of them, just like one play.

Bring Back The Fireworks!!!

I'm bringing bottlerockets to the floor seats next game...we have some left over from the 4th (I'm originally from South County... we always have them laying around)

I've always been unimpressed with our player intros. Nothing is ever set up right. If you wanna do it right you have to have a better PA announcer, one with a distinctive voice who adds a little or a lot of inflection to the names. This is way out of DB's range. The replacement guy we had who posts here would do a good job with a little practice. We have a lot of good names on the team too, with syllables you can draw out. Also our songs have always been dumb. Hip hop and newer rock will always get complaints from the donors. The metallica song we have now is pretty contrived, just not a good intro anymore it is played out.

My intro would consist of complete darkness, turn on the fog machines at least 6 of them on the court. Start the intro song either Hells Bells or Princes of the Universe (only the first 1:30 of that song) 4 moving spotlights on the team. Longer player intros naming their height, weight, position, then fireworks while you say their name. This shouldn't be that hard to replicate

It doesnt really matter to me what they do.

However, I think having a showy intro has got to help recruiting.

When the Bills have these 16/17 year old kids in to watch the game, I would imagine they are much more impressed with what is done now than if they just said called the starters names and called it a day.

I think they should come out to this:

Mellow, twinkly arena shite at first... Other four starters get introduced as things start to get tense. Conklin gets introduced last, right before the 1:20 mark. From 1:20 to 2:00 He comes out from underneath a towel, face painted like a skull, looking like some psycho monk and starts getting shoved around by the other four starters, then just looks right into the other teams' souls and screams like a banshee. Then he washes up, takes a deep breath and we destroy whoever we play. Simple.

Fast forward to 2:53:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Fast forward to 2:53:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

i can see that. nice box.

Guest BillikenReport

i can see that. nice box.

Second that. Nice choice.

I was shaking my head when I heard the intro music last night. I like that song, but it's too out-of-date already for college basketball.

You have to find a mix of something that the players would like and something the fans in the seats would enjoy.

I don't know if we've ever see the fireworks again. Wouldn't be a bad idea for bigger games or when they have recruits in on official visits.