OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen anyone mention this

The new Fresh Thyme in the Foundry is great.  St. Louis has tried several times to have a real urban shopping experience but this store hit the bullseye.  I live in Lindenwood Park and pass 2 schnucks to get there.

24 minutes ago, thetorch said:

The new Fresh Thyme in the Foundry is great.  St. Louis has tried several times to have a real urban shopping experience but this store hit the bullseye.  I live in Lindenwood Park and pass 2 schnucks to get there.

how's parking?

26 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I haven't visited Fresh Thyme yet but I've ate at the Food Hall several times and I gotta say, it lives up to the hype. It looks like the Foundry has the right foundation for success.

• 2 weeks later...

-looks like it is TopGolf coming to Compton and Choteau as initial zoning approved, too many people saying there will be no tax abatements for this project so I would guess there will be some

-one downside I see is that it looks like a practice area for track and field will be lost in this, hope that can be replaced for those student athletes

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't get it. Seems like an odd location in my mind. Maybe @Box and Woncan put this in perspective for me.

with the current development + future plans for steelcote area, I get it.  There's not much space in midtown for TopGolf to even consider outside of the proposed area, and they have to love the idea of what's being built around this area.

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I guess it's the downtown aspect. I feel like Top Golf has traditionally been located on more the outskirts of cities into suburbs.

Most TG locations are suburban, but there are some urban examples.