OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foodblog/2021/07/27/macs-local-eats-is-closing-its-bluewood-brewing-location-august-3

Not midtown, but hoping like hell it just means they're getting a place of their own.  Per my 6 year old daughter, best burger in STL.

I wonder when people will start asking why Mac's has been asked to leave two separate bars where they drove a ton of traffic. I have heard some troubling rumblings.

24 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I wonder when people will start asking why Mac's has been asked to leave two separate bars where they drove a ton of traffic. I have heard some troubling rumblings.

I've heard trouble up top, I've also heard they have trouble since they keep going into spots that simply are not big enough.

24 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Oh, do tell. We are all excited about troubling rumblings…

Why tease this subject? Either say it or don’t. Now, we are all driven to find out the answer. Is Mac’s serving dog or something?

18 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Oh, do tell. We are all excited about troubling rumblings…

Why tease this subject? Either say it or don’t. Now, we are all driven to find out the answer. Is Mac’s serving dog or something?

ive just heard the owner is hard to "work with"

1 hour ago, crymdg2 said:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foodblog/2021/07/27/macs-local-eats-is-closing-its-bluewood-brewing-location-august-3

Not midtown, but hoping like hell it just means they're getting a place of their own.  Per my 6 year old daughter, best burger in STL.

Your 6 year old is smart. It’s tied for 1st in my book.

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

It's pretty good, but a semi distant 2-3 in my book. Olive + Oak burger is far and away best burger in STL

4 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I've heard some not so great stuff that kept me from going back. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Went by humps yesterday, didn’t look like it had ever been touched. And a for sale sign was still on the building(maybe a lease), has that been there for the past whatever months 

I heard that when the bar closed a few years ago, it was left in pretty bad shape and that there hasn’t been ongoing maintenance of it. That’s to say that it’s probably in even worse shape now. I’d love to see it reopen, but I’m certainly not looking at it as a sure thing.

• 1 month later...

20 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

196 apartments plus a Target store(!) near Grand and Chouteau.  From the same developer who renovated the Steelcote building nearby.

The Edwin

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/target-to-anchor-60-million-midtown-st-louis-apartment-development/article_9d7ff8b7-d33e-536f-bcb4-43bcbb9ea6a8.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

This may sound silly, but getting a Target is huge.  It shows a major corporation already familiar with the region has faith long term in the midtown area.  It is the type of move that will draw in more investment to the area as some national corporations that were hesitant to invest will follow Target's lead.

42 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

196 apartments plus a Target store(!) near Grand and Chouteau.  From the same developer who renovated the Steelcote building nearby.

The Edwin

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local/target-to-anchor-60-million-midtown-st-louis-apartment-development/article_9d7ff8b7-d33e-536f-bcb4-43bcbb9ea6a8.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

I can assure you that Michael Hamburg (The developer behind all of the recent development in this area) is far from done. Big plans for even more projects once these have been constructed. 

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I can assure you that Michael Hamburg (The developer behind all of the recent development in this area) is far from done. Big plans for even more projects once these have been constructed. 

It's really exciting.  I could see that area eventually evolving into something resembling The Gulch in Nashville.  The topography is similar.

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

This may sound silly, but getting a Target is huge.  It shows a major corporation already familiar with the region has faith long term in the midtown area.  It is the type of move that will draw in more investment to the area as some national corporations that were hesitant to invest will follow Target's lead.

This development looks like stuff that has and are being built in Chicago over by the Cubs ballpark.  My daughter lives in the area and when I would walk to the local Starbucks across the street at Belmont and Clark is practically the identical type development that I watched being built.  A smaller type Target for the city environ with 3 floors of apts above.  A parking garage below which I would think is going in this one.  The Target generates most of its foot traffic from people walking in with some parking below for customers in Chicago.