Pistol

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

A developer has purchased Jesuit Hall and will be renovating it as apartments.  They're also proposing building a garage and a new apartment tower behind it for a total of more than 300 apartments.

4CKhJwU.png

In case wondering where the Jesuits are moving, not very far. A new Jesuit residence is being built at Spring near Laclede, south of Fusz Hall. Sounds like ground breaking coming soon.

https://www.slu.edu/news/2021/january/jesuit-residence.php

4 hours ago, Adman said:

In case wondering where the Jesuits are moving, not very far. A new Jesuit residence is being built at Spring near Laclede, south of Fusz Hall. Sounds like ground breaking coming soon.

https://www.slu.edu/news/2021/january/jesuit-residence.php

Oh nice, they're finally building something where the Micah program townhomes used to be

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

They were on the south side of FPP right? 

That building and area is probably primed to be swallowed up for the next phase of the Foundary.  Only a matter of time.

I believe the Foundry developers already own it.

6 hours ago, Box and Won said:

I believe the Foundry developers already own it.

So I’ve been told they are looking for the building behind.  Currently held by the organization that does the 4th of July Parade and Fair St Louis. Problem is that organization is full of RE brokers and we’ll to do St. Louisans who know they want and need it and are probably holding out for their offer. 

Push will eventually come to shove though. 

Tough break on the developers backing out of the $300 million project at Chouteau and Market.  That would’ve been a nice fill in for that area.

8 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

So I’ve been told they are looking for the building behind.  Currently held by the organization that does the 4th of July Parade and Fair St Louis. Problem is that organization is full of RE brokers and we’ll to do St. Louisans who know they want and need it and are probably holding out for their offer. 

Push will eventually come to shove though. 

Tough break on the developers backing out of the $300 million project at Chouteau and Market.  That would’ve been a nice fill in for that area.

Where do Chouteau and Market cross?

11 hours ago, Lando Griffin said:

Oh dang. Didn't realize that got cancelled. SLU med school needs development around it

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 8:57 AM, Box and Won said:

I'm actually kind of glad it was canceled - wasn't crazy about that development.  SLU can do better.

Agree, I think that area could be really cool development zone with the railroad and armory near by.  Industrial feel.  Almost like a Foundary but in a greater scale!

• 2 weeks later...

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

This is more about political retribution than progressivism. 

Still not a good thing for the city, in my opinion.  I'm guessing the mayor of Nashville wouldn't trash the economic development deal made by a predecessor....

• 2 weeks later...