Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably a lot of readers on here have been missing the BIGGEST Development in recent years, here in Midtown: the deconstruction of the University Core.  Revision has been much needed, but WOW be careful what you ask for.  SLUSignGuy will confirm my sense that faculty, by and large, don't like the proposal much, and are increasingly disgruntled and alienated from the process -- mainly because they do not feel like their views will change much.

https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2020/02/professor-warns-change-to-st-louis-university-core-curriculum-waters-down-catholic-identity/?fbclid=IwAR1O3ju3T9HbtrgRmsgllESEybBIo8xH3kmdIIzSSV2I5W9w5IAZ2vZne7E

14 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Probably a lot of readers on here have been missing the BIGGEST Development in recent years, here in Midtown: the deconstruction of the University Core.  Revision has been much needed, but WOW be careful what you ask for.  SLUSignGuy will confirm my sense that faculty, by and large, don't like the proposal much, and are increasingly disgruntled and alienated from the process -- mainly because they do not feel like their views will change much.

https://cruxnow.com/interviews/2020/02/professor-warns-change-to-st-louis-university-core-curriculum-waters-down-catholic-identity/?fbclid=IwAR1O3ju3T9HbtrgRmsgllESEybBIo8xH3kmdIIzSSV2I5W9w5IAZ2vZne7E

So you're talking about core curriculum and not core campus? Wrong thread.

54 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Will not confirm this.  No one is 100% pleased.  But my sense is a vast majority of the faculty support the core proposal.  

10 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

my sense is a vast majority of the faculty support the core proposal.  

Really and truly??  I'm genuinely surprised to hear that.  I guess different spheres have different senses.  Q: is it possible to dislike the proposal but still support it??  Because you slightly changed my wording that way...

5 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

Really and truly??  I'm genuinely surprised to hear that.  I guess different spheres have different senses.  Q: is it possible to dislike the proposal but still support it??  Because you slightly changed my wording that way...

Didn't mean to change wording.  Perhaps more accurately, most colleges would probably prefer the status quo for different reasons (e.g. the size of the core).  But I think there is a large recognition that we need to establish a common core for accreditation purposes.  With this, no one is 100% happy with the core, but most (not all) seem to find it to be a reasonable solution.  

3 hours ago, DoctorB said:

1stWorld.jpg

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Is the Humphrey's building still for sale? I can't find a listing anywhere. 3704 Laclede Ave. would be the address.

Pretty sure it is.

wanna go halfsies?

I say we turn that place into a batting cage bar. A smaller version of sluggers in Chicago. That would be sweet!

28 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Pretty sure it is.

wanna go halfsies?

I say we turn that place into a batting cage bar. A smaller version of sluggers in Chicago. That would be sweet!

Yeah it would. I'd be there for the grand opening for sure.