OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

22 hours ago, wgstl said:

I mean, I dont care.  Not sure the rest of the cities feelings. I'd rather have rugby team 

Why not both if they can be supported. Odds of me paying to ever had seen the Aces unless they'd had moved the open to here but I loved having a team. Chess, roller derby bring it here imo. Has to be major league.

billikenfan05 likes this

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

Why not both if they can be supported. Odds of me paying to ever had seen the Aces unless they'd had moved the open to here but I loved having a team. Chess, roller derby bring it here imo. Has to be major league.

Aces were dope. This is the most opportune time in history for niche and growing sports. The amount of avenues on social media to reach an audience are nearly endless. There are so many streaming services to showcase your league like YouTube, ESPN + NBC sports. Indoor Football, Roller Hockey, Indoor Soccer, WTT, Rugby, Lacrosse can all find their niches. If someone wants to give it a go here, I say bring it. Don't care what the sport.

TheChosenOne likes this

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Aces are dope. This is the most opportune time in history for niche and growing sports. The amount of avenues on social media to reach an audience are nearly endless. There are so many streaming services to showcase your league like YouTube, ESPN + NBC sports. Indoor Football, Roller Hockey, Indoor Soccer, WTT, Rugby, Lacrosse can all find their niches. If someone wants to give it a go here, I say bring it. Don't care what the sport.

+1,000,000

basebill123 likes this

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Aces were dope. This is the most opportune time in history for niche and growing sports. The amount of avenues on social media to reach an audience are nearly endless. There are so many streaming services to showcase your league like YouTube, ESPN + NBC sports. Indoor Football, Roller Hockey, Indoor Soccer, WTT, Rugby, Lacrosse can all find their niches. If someone wants to give it a go here, I say bring it. Don't care what the sport.

Stay focused on the BattleHawks, plz.

DirtyRican likes this

20 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Stay focused on the BattleHawks, plz.

speaking of, anyone else buy into the conspiracy that Andrew Luck retired to help his dads league, the XFL?

40 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Pre cable good comparison except back then any forward thinking folks knew we were missing a bunch of cool stuff. NFL,  NBA, MLB, NHL were the 4 networks.Much of the new stuff escapes me but somebody will like it.  I haven't noticed that crazy drone competition I stumble upon last year is that already history.

Does Vince M. have anything to do with this version of XFL?

16 minutes ago, almaman said:

Pre cable good comparison except back then any forward thinking folks knew we were missing a bunch of cool stuff. NFL,  NBA, MLB, NHL were the 4 networks.Much of the new stuff escapes me but somebody will like it.  I haven't noticed that crazy drone competition I stumble upon last year is that already history.

Does Vince M. have anything to do with this version of XFL?

yes its his league, Andrew Lucks dads is the commish I think

On 11/9/2009 at 12:52 PM, Box and Won said:

Here's the building that Pistol once urinated on that will soon be home to the Library Annex.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

I think I see the urine stains. It says "I'm doing this with my big pistol"

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Wether it be another Paddy Os, Humphreys or something different. A bar is a bar and I’ll be happy as long as that is the plan 

Humprhrey O's

Last time I was in Humphrey's was probably 7-8 years ago. A buddy and I were looking for somewhere to go after the Blues game and he suggested Humphrey's. At the time he hadn't been living in St. Louis for about a decade and wanted to relive the glory days. Place was slammed and we weaved our way to the bar. As we're getting our first (and what turned out to be our last) drink, he starts talking to some chick. 2 minutes later they just leave the bar area and I'm standing there solo for about 7.5 minutes. He comes back, tells me he just had some fun in the janitor's closet, she told him  "thanks, see ya",  and they walked their separate ways. I slammed the rest of my beer and we walked out, never to step foot in Humphrey's again.

dlarry likes this

I believe I am the owner of the last plunger ever given at Humps.  I was there with my oldest having lunch a few days before they closed and asked our waitress if I could bye one.  She said they didn't have any left but 10 minutes later came back with one she said was in the basement.  She didn't charge me for it and asked if I wanted shot in ti. I should have accepted but thought it would look back in front of a 7 year old. 

• 1 month later...
The High Low, a brand new literary arts cafe/meeting space, is now open:  dazzling new $3.5 million renovation funded by the Kranzberg Arts Foundation is awesome! It is on Washington next to the UCBC Brewery, and it has all kinds of spaces for quiet, writing, communal/ coffee/ cool library/ conference room/ and public readings/performance space with a bar.  Huge and impressive. (I hope we can get some of the SLU students to walk north of Lindell and down Washington!!!)

On 11/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, wgstl said:

Wellspent Brewery will reopen in early 2020 with new ownership, but same beers. 

https://www.saucemagazine.com/a/58588/wellspent-brewing-co-will-reopen-in-early-2020