Pistol

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

And the winning name for the area is "prospect yards".  Not sure if I can get down with this.

It was the best of the options given in the survey, although a FB friend suggested "Pevely Flats" and I liked that one.

Deutschkind likes this

• 2 months later...

Let's rethink this issue for a second. Does SLU have the power to plan the flow of traffic through a major avenue in that area? As a concept the plan is pretty and may provide some safety to pedestrians, but doesn't it require approval by the City before it becomes more than a plan and a pretty drawing? Just asking. Pedestrian bridges are very different from median parks, they do not affect traffic, and may improve the traffic flow by channeling pedestrian traffic. 

5 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I am actually unsure of how this will improve things.  I mean, does it simply mean that there will be more room in the middle for people who were not able to get all the way across during a walk signal (or jaywalking)?

12 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I am actually unsure of how this will improve things.  I mean, does it simply mean that there will be more room in the middle for people who were not able to get all the way across during a walk signal (or jaywalking)?

I biked across this intersection a lot in undergrad, and the current median "safe zone" was barely wide enough to accommodate the bike. Oftentimes I would turn my bike sideways (parallel with the flow of traffic) just to be sure I wouldn't get clipped

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

"The St. Louis Midtown Redevelopment Corporation Envisions An Innovation Corridor Stretching From Cortex To SLU Law School"

http://eqstl.com/st-louis-midtown-redevelopment-corporation-innovation-corridor-cortex-to-slu-law-school/

I would love for it to happen, but that is like 3 miles of development.

1 hour ago, Spoon-Balls said:

"The St. Louis Midtown Redevelopment Corporation Envisions An Innovation Corridor Stretching From Cortex To SLU Law School"

http://eqstl.com/st-louis-midtown-redevelopment-corporation-innovation-corridor-cortex-to-slu-law-school/

Reading the article - it should be noted its from Cortex to SLU Medical Campus - not the Law School.

46 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I would love for it to happen, but that is like 3 miles of development.

I guess they're more so referring to how the planned greenway will provide easier access and greater connectivity throughout the central corridor. Hopefully, in the longterm future, this spurs even more development going east of SLU towards downtown. A big problem that the city will eventually have to deal with is highway 40 dividing our city's built environment. Really prevents development and reduces access in a whole lot of areas...