Lisch family and Majereus

willie

As I was driving to lunch I heard Frank C talk about a letter that Rusty Lisch sent to Rick. In that letter he thanked Rick for being Kevin's, coach and making him a better player. Frank went on to say that any talk of the Lisch's not getting along with Rick was a bunch of crap. What say you Mr. Roy?

As I was driving to lunch I heard Frank C talk about a letter that Rusty Lisch sent to Rick. In that letter he thanked Rick for being Kevin's, coach and making him a better player. Frank went on to say that any talk of the Lisch's not getting along with Rick was a bunch of crap. What say you Mr. Roy?

i say the lisch's are a fine family that wouldnt say or do anything negative to anyone.

They may be a fine family but why go out of your way and write a letter of praise unless you meant it?

you'd have to know the lisch family. and i am not saying that rusty didnt mean it. and i have never ever said a lisch has told me different. i have never talked to rusty about it. he has a lot of old school football mentality in him.

Roy. I heard the same comment today on the radio. No doubt or questioning that the Lisch family - and most like many of the other families - initially was not exactly pleased with RM and his methods - namely his vulgarity, ridiculing of players, etc... but could the Lisch family possibly have changed their minds abit about RM and thanked him? Some people absolutely hate their coach/teacher/boss etc. but then, after they leave, form another opinion. Might that be what's going on here?

-the obvious missing point here is the daniel situation ;)

- perhaps there is another letter to rick that says thanks you jerk for making my kid get a $35k education, he had to spend another year closer to his sister and brother who are now on opposite ends of the earth and he had to be on the same team again with his older brother - thanks for nothing and screwing up his young life!!! :o

-the obvious missing point here is the daniel situation :unsure:

- perhaps there is another letter to rick that says thanks you jerk for making my kid get a $35k education, he had to spend another year closer to his sister and brother who are now on opposite ends of the earth and he had to be on the same team again with his older brother - thanks for nothing and screwing up his young life!!! :o

um clearly you weren't at the basketball dinner last spring

um clearly you weren't at the basketball dinner last spring

By the way, where's Daniel Lisch this year? Did he leave SLU after a free year, or is he still a SLU student? If so, wonder why he's not a walkon. I guess the Lidell's won't have RM on the Xmas card list, correct? If I was Rusty Lisch, I'd be sending RM a thankyou note, and a gift certificate to his favorite eatery, for giving my kid a free pass at a $35k freshman year too. My guess is RM pushed this through for the fine example the former Teresa Lisch (don't cry, Jimbo) and Kevin Lisch set while at SLU. And if anyone destroyed KL and TL's careers at SLU one need not look any further than the Lindenwood campus for the culprit. He never gave them much of a supporting cast, did he now? Both those kids deserved at least one NCAA appearance in their careers, but it was not meant to be under kindly UB. Yeah, I know another cheap shot at the guy who set us back at least 5 years to becoming a competitive D1 program.

I guess my only thought would be that Rusty L. did not have to write a letter at this time - I am sure it was something he choose to to do after thoughtful reflection. To say that he wrote the letter because he felt obligated just does not make sense. The letter leads me to believe that he meant what he said in it and any other interpretation is simply not fair.