Chicago Invitational Challenge

According to the Notre Dame site SLU will play Iowa State on the 27th and then the winner of the Notre Dame/Northwestern game on the 28th. With those four schools hosting first and second round games.

First I just wanted to know who is SLU playing for sure. It would make my life easier if they play Iowa State first...lol.

Second is the fix in or what? How can they guarantee these will be the final four teams when they are saying there are going to be first and second round games. Something very fishy is going on here...lol

According to the Notre Dame site SLU will play Iowa State on the 27th and then the winner of the Notre Dame/Northwestern game on the 28th. With those four schools hosting first and second round games.

First I just wanted to know who is SLU playing for sure. It would make my life easier if they play Iowa State first...lol.

Second is the fix in or what? How can they guarantee these will be the final four teams when they are saying there are going to be first and second round games. Something very fishy is going on here...lol

do the buy teams of the first two games even get games in chicago?

do the buy teams of the first two games even get games in chicago?

I think the 'buy' games are going to be at the home gyms of SLU, ISU, Northwestern, and ND, and then those four will play Saturday and Sunday. I'm not sure what would happen if there were an upset. Everything I've heard so far is SLU-ISU and ND-Northwestern for Friday, but it's not much of a tournament if they have the semifinals decided already.

What kills me about this thing is the pricing (from the Sears Centre website):

Parking Cost: $10.00

Ticket Prices:

Individual Day $75.00, $59.00, $52.00, $37.00

Weekend Two Day $110.00, $98.00, $87.00, $65.00

Are they serious? $65 per ticket for a two-day pass for the cheapest seats?! That would be too much if they held this thing at the United Center, let alone the Sears Centre way out in Hoffman Estates. I actually was thinking this might be a nice post-Thanksgiving diversion trip, but that is ridiculous and I would have a hard time convincing anyone to go with me. It also bugs me that these stupid distant suburban arenas charge for parking. They have nothing but acres and acres of land around the building, and people have absolutely no choice on where to park nor any other possible means of transportation besides driving.

We are playing Iowa St. for sure on Friday. Steve should update the front page of this website when he gets a chance.

Why does it make your life easier to play Iowa St?

This is the exact same format as the Vegas tourney we played in last year that no matter what happens in the first two games, we'll play Iowa St. on Friday. The word "tournament" should be used loosely. There are many tourneys that do it in this format, but last year Dayton used this exact tournament to beat Auburn and Marquette. Without those wins, its doubtful they get an at-large bid.

One of these years SLU will start using these tournaments to their advantage. I think the last perfect tourney we played was in Hawaii in 87 or something.

It makes my life easier because I don't have to pick Notre Dame or SLU I can just cheer for both teams on the first day. If both teams should win, well we will cross that bridge when it happens.

We are playing Iowa St. for sure on Friday. Steve should update the front page of this website when he gets a chance.

This is the exact same format as the Vegas tourney we played in last year that no matter what happens in the first two games, we'll play Iowa St. on Friday. The word "tournament" should be used loosely. There are many tourneys that do it in this format, but last year Dayton used this exact tournament to beat Auburn and Marquette. Without those wins, its doubtful they get an at-large bid.

One of these years SLU will start using these tournaments to their advantage. I think the last perfect tourney we played was in Hawaii in 87 or something.

We played in the Paradise Jam in St. Thomas with Soderberg boy was that embarrassing we lost nearly every game some one must not have told our competition we were destined for the finals, not. Those refs started BS season out roughly if he looked crossways they were in front of him like he was a practicing skinhead instead of a man with a high forehead.

We played in the Paradise Jam in St. Thomas with Soderberg boy was that embarrassing we lost nearly every game some one must not have told our competition we were destined for the finals, not. Those refs started BS season out roughly if he looked crossways they were in front of him like he was a practicing skinhead instead of a man with a high forehead.

hahahahahaha this got me laughing hard. started out my weekend quite nicely. have a great 4th, fellers.