College Basketball scheduling article

Intresting scheduling message board for DI programs.

http://businesscomputertechnicians.com/bus...amp;Gender=Mens

We should look at adding the Air Force Academy, Vanderbilt, and Arizona State; they should all be good draws for Home and Home and if we got guarantees to go to ASU it would still be a nice trip to make in winter-certainly easier travel than Hawaii for a tournament

Missouri-Mens

Type: Game

Dates: 10/15/2009 to 01/06/2010

The Missouri Tigers are looking for several games for the upcoming season. We are searching for a road game, and guarantee games in Columbia, MO. Also looking for a 2 for 1. Our top 3 scorers were seniors this past season.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 04/20/2009

Last Updated: 04/20/2009

Missouri-Mens

Dates: 10/15/2009 to 01/06/2010

The Missouri Tigers are looking for several games for the upcoming season. We are searching for a road game, and guarantee games in Columbia, MO. Also looking for a 2 for 1. Our top 3 scorers were seniors this past season.

[email protected]

Perfect- we can be the road game and the 2-for-1. We play them once at SLU this season and once in Columbia, then again at home in 2010, then there in 2011. No-brainer. 4 sellouts in 3 seasons, guaranteed.

We should look at adding the Air Force Academy, Vanderbilt, and Arizona State; they should all be good draws for Home and Home and if we got guarantees to go to ASU it would still be a nice trip to make in winter-certainly easier travel than Hawaii for a tournament

What advantage for fans in StL does a guarantee game with ASU do? Why on earth would you want to become known as a guarantee team?

Great domain name. If I'm a coach, the first place I'm going to go to find games for my upcoming schedule is www.businesscomputertechnicians.com.

The website itself is Basketball Travelers, but it takes you to the 'oddly named link' if you click on their scheduling message board. They're well known in coaching circles, as they run tournaments across the country.

Intresting scheduling message board for DI programs.

http://businesscomputertechnicians.com/bus...amp;Gender=Mens

-i think i saw every a10 on the board, except for us

-ga tech wants to start a h/h, possible?

-noticed many if not most h/h's the team wants to start at their place

-part of me felt bad for penn st last yr missing the tourney, not any more with this...Looking to start a H/H with a BCS School. Would hvae to start in State College and then return the game in 2010-11.

-saw many times quotes like "excellent guarantee", "very competitive package", "large guarantee"...i guess the economy hasn't touched big time basketball at this point

Perfect- we can be the road game and the 2-for-1. We play them once at SLU this season and once in Columbia, then again at home in 2010, then there in 2011. No-brainer. 4 sellouts in 3 seasons, guaranteed.

Not sure if you are joking but 2 for 1 typically means they'd get 2 home games and we'd get 1. what you proposed was a 2 for 2.

MU recently did a 2 for 1 with Davidson. I can't remember any 2-1s we've done, on either side.

Edit: Never-mind, I get what you were saying.

Edit 2: Had to feel weird for MU to type in that they were looking for a road game considering I can count on one hand how many true non-conference road games they've played in the last 5 years...

What advantage for fans in StL does a guarantee game with ASU do? Why on earth would you want to become known as a guarantee team?

you can't beat them if they don't let you in the game; it is not a bad flight and a nice place to visit in the winter. I think playing a certain level of team whether you win or not upgrades the program. I would also play Arizona with Sean Miller as coach if it came up. I think you left off my home and home

options of Air Force Academy and Vandy. So say you agree with me on two of three instead saying you wouldn't want to visit a resort area in winter. I sure

as hell wouldn't want to play baseball in summer when it is a dry 130º some places in Arizona.

you can't beat them if they don't let you in the game; it is not a bad flight and a nice place to visit in the winter. I think playing a certain level of team whether you win or not upgrades the program. I would also play Arizona with Sean Miller as coach if it came up. I think you left off my home and home

options of Air Force Academy and Vandy. So say you agree with me on two of three instead saying you wouldn't want to visit a resort area in winter. I sure

as hell wouldn't want to play baseball in summer when it is a dry 130º some places in Arizona.

I had no problem with a home and home with Air Force if SLU was interested in that. I disagree that playing a BCS team as an away game only is in our best interest per se. If we go there and lose then it counts as a lost and lost is worse then a win no matter how you cut it record wise or RPI wise (now am not talking about beating a team in the 300s rpi but one in the top 150). I also was not aware that SLU was suppose to schedule BB games so fans can take vacations - now I know a tourney in Hawaii tends to get fans to want to come but that is a lot different then a one game stop in AZ. I am not sure how you get BCS teams to play home and home with you but capitulating won't do it either and actually reinforces them to not play home and home series.

My favorite post on the site

Minnesota-Mens

Dates: 11/19/2009 to 11/29/2009

PAY BEST guarantee in the NATION!!!! Nov.19th and Dec.8th only ...Call me and name your price!!! MINNESOTA IS BEAUTIFUL IN NOVEMBER!

[email protected]

Date Posted: 01/08/2009

Last Updated: 04/16/2009

The Bills had a home-home with Vandy about 10 years ago. Coach Stallings has ties to the area, so it may have some appeal for them.

Stallings and family are huge Cardinal baseball fans. His son is an elite level baseball player, catcher, and big Mike Matheny fan...although he's much bigger and more of a hitter than Matheny. He's a frosh at UNC, which has been ranked #1 at times this year, currently top 5 in all polls.

Here are some that I would like to see us look into

A Home and home with Louisville could be fun, Former CUSA rival:

Louisville-Mens

Dates: 11/01/2009 to 12/30/2009

We are looking to buy guarantee games in Louisville. We are open to potential home and home series starting at home in 09.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 07/08/2008

Last Updated: 07/08/2008

A good WCC team with a former SLU assistant as their head coach:

Saint Mary's College of CA-Mens

Dates: 11/01/2009 to 01/10/2010

Looking for 2 gurantee games. Also want to start a home/home series at our place will return 2010-11. Also have 2 spots for our Dec. 27-28 Tournament.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 06/17/2008

Last Updated: 10/24/2008

Georgia Tech wants a Home and Home starting on the road. Would be a good big name opponent for our home schedule next year:

Georgia Tech-Mens

Dates: 11/14/2009 to 01/09/2010

We are looking to start H/H series starting on the road. Also looking to host a guarantee game in Atlanta.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 03/26/2009

Last Updated: 03/26/2009

St. Louis Vs. Kansas City?

Missouri-Kansas City-Mens

Dates: 11/13/2009 to 11/20/2009

UMKC is looking to start 2 H/H series but must be played at UMKC during the 1st week of the season and then return the following year. If you are interested please contact Martin Unger 816-588-5620.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 03/11/2009

Last Updated: 04/14/2009

Kansas State Big 12 team play them at Chaifetz, then on the Road, and then in the Sprint Center in K.C.

Kansas State University-Mens

Dates: 11/28/2009 to 11/28/2009

2 for 1 / neutral and neutral / neutral+home+home / guarantee $$$ /your choice Kansas State vs. YOU in the Sprint Center in Kansas City.

[email protected]

Utah State - Solid team looking to start a home and home on the road

Utah State University-Mens

Dates: 12/05/2009 to 12/31/2009

Looking for home/home series starting ON THE ROAD in 2009. Return game in 2010. Dates for 09 game needed are Dec. 5th or Dec. 29.

[email protected]

Date Posted: 11/11/2008

Last Updated: 04/27/2009