Flashback

As we entered this tourney I couldn't help but think that once before we had played an opening round 8/9 game against a team that had just beaten us in the regular season finale, played the top seed from Cinci, played a team that started with T in the 3rd round and played a team that started with D and that we had split with during the regular season in the tourney finale.

Your Moniker fits- remember that John Redden really stepped up for SLU in the 2000 Miracle of Memphis.

Who steps up this time? I hope and want to believe it was big that Tommie Liddell scored that big layup to tie the game at 60 today. I still say than no one in this A-10 can guard the good Tommie one on one. He used to be able to drive to the hoop, go up strong and score. I'm hoping there will be a carryover from his big basket today. Liddell had 9 points today.

SLU needs more options, more threats on offense. And I still think that some of those options are on this team.

And note that SLU was 11 for 11 at the free throw line. Coach Majerus has noted the free throw problems lately, and free throws saved SLU today.

precedent...you mean like those 4 times SLU lost to Xavier in the MCC Tourney from 1986-1991...

/goes into convulsions

I was at every one of those games. It killed me every time.

I was at that game. I ate like 12 power bars over the whole tournament (they were free and i was severely underemployed at the time). I was sitting in the first row of the upper deck and I remember everybody rooting against Cincy and commiserating with me. I had a few at the Harp later and things were OK.