View from afar......

slu72

Louisville game sounds like our worse defeat since that loss to UC back in 2000. Wish it didn't happen at home. That thread about 40 years ago brought to mind my Freshman year at SLU. Bob Polk was the new HC. Rumour had it Joe B. Hall had been offered and accepted until Adolph Rupp said he was retiring in 70 or 71, and the UK job was being held for Hall. One can only wonder what different road that would have taken us down had Joe B coached the Billikens? Man this PF thing is just a bummer, why can't we land one? Does it seem to everyone Lidell is heading east instead of to SLU in September? Jalen's dad what's the latest? Why us always? My spin on the UL game. They had everyone back from Inj reserve, coming off a big confidence builder in Memphis game, and Pitino had them fired up to end the 6 game streak at SLU. Really fired up. Also, this is a talent rich team that when healthy can probably play with anyone in the country. They catch us on a down night and they're a buzzsaw, result: a blowout. Is anyone real surprised? It's just a shame it happened at Savvis. I don't want to sound too negative here but if we can expect no help from JJ or DC, we're looking at more of the same for our beloved Bills over the next couple of years. UB's got a long road to right this program, but I still contend he's the man for the job. Well, as we always say, It ain't easy being a Bills fan.

Why do you keep saying Liddell's heading east? Did I miss something somewhere? I know he hasn't made the test scores yet but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

I have to admit I was "TOTALLY" surprised by the UofL blowout. I even told the Wiz in a thread below that I thought the Bills would win. We have had a whammy over them in St. Loo; we always play them tough; I just did not see any of that coming. I tried to justify the loss due to the non-playing status of TF but it sounds like we lost in on the defensive pressure side of the ball. TF might help in the paint and on the boards but not in the ballhandling department. I could have taken losing by 10 or low teens, but not by 25+. I was surprised.

I don't like tonight either. Losing tonight means nothing as far as C-WHO standings go but as far as confidence and headiness heading into what will be our season's last gasp is not good in my book.

Next year will be the same as this year and the year prior to that and the year prior to that. There will be hope .... Polk and Meyer and Liddell are that. There is still the open scholarship. Hope srpings eternal and its tough to be a Billiken fan ring tried and true. But its a crap shoot .... is Polk another H Waldman or is he anotehr PeeWee Lenard? Is Meyer another Scott Highmark or is he a Dick Missavage? Is Liddell the second coming (if he's here granted) JLove and Larry Hughes or is he Johnny Parker or Ricky Cranford? Is this super JUCO PF Tyrone Caswell or Kelvin Henderson? We jsut don't know and won't know until maybe this time next year .... when those freshmen that are here have a year under their belts.

I'm Mr. Doom and Gloom on this board but I will be excited all next week, the rest of March and anticipating the October 15 tip off hot and heavy somewhere around August.

taj, since none of the many e-mail addresses i have for you seem to work, i have sent you a private message here at billiikens.com instead.