SLU Basketball

courtside

I would agree that people tend to want to complain rather than praise. Perhaps someone should just start a thread about SLU basketball with some insightful observation and maybe others would chime in.

OK I will start. TL's focus this year on his defense has probably had an effect on his scoring. I would assert that for the team, his overall play has helped us more then when he was primarily a scorer. For him, this new development of his overall game might very well help him play professionally some where once he graduates. Maybe this is not as insightful as some would wish but you got to start some where.

......and rebounding. Another strong rebounding game for TL III. Would like to see him assert himself more offensively, especially considering his ability to knock down FT's.

Then why does that explain the lack of other threads and interest in SLU's play or opponents play in recent games prior to Richmond? But nice try though.

Seems to me there is plenty of chatter re: the Bills. You're probably right though, the billikens.com faithful are becoming disinterested now that we're improving. :blink:

Thanks for the laugh.

Seems to me there is plenty of chatter re: the Bills. You're probably right though, the billikens.com faithful are becoming disinterested now that we're improving. :blink:

Thanks for the laugh.

There wasn't any chatter for the games and time periods I mentioned. That is different from today.

If you believe all people here want SLU to succeed under any circumstances, you'd be wrong and that is more obvious to some than others I suppose.

There wasn't any chatter for the games and time periods I mentioned. That is different from today.

If you believe all people here want SLU to succeed under any circumstances, you'd be wrong and that is more obvious to some than others I suppose.

courtside you are insinuating in this thread imo that there are many folks that come and participate at billikens.com that dont want the billikens to succeed. that is ridiculous. there probably arent but about 4 posters on this message board that feel that way and they are obviously not billiken fans. you are way out there with this whole thread.

courtside you are insinuating in this thread imo that there are many folks that come and participate at billikens.com that dont want the billikens to succeed. that is ridiculous. there probably arent but about 4 posters on this message board that feel that way and they are obviously not billiken fans. you are way out there with this whole thread.

What I said was I believe there are some posters here that want SLU to succeed, but only under specific circumstances as opposed to wanting SLU to succeed in general. I stand by what I said. If you disagree that is fine. We can all move on now if you'd like.

What I said was I believe there are some posters here that want SLU to succeed, but only under specific circumstances as opposed to wanting SLU to succeed in general. I stand by what I said. If you disagree that is fine. We can all move on now if you'd like.

Before we leave, please direct me to where I said I "believe all people here want SLU to succeed under any circumstances."

ok, i actually do agree with that. for example if our only course to final fourdom was to become memphis and dam academics and good citizenship, i would count myself in the boat with give me mediocrity forever. same with cheating on recruiting. so i think that point is natural. or at least i hope it is for most billiken fans.

Before we leave, please direct me to where I said I "believe all people here want SLU to succeed under any circumstances."

If you go back and read my statement, it was meant as a generality. I was speaking with you, yes, but what I was saying was that if you, or anyone else, thought blah blah blah...

If you go back and read my statement, it was meant as a generality. I was speaking with you, yes, but what I was saying was that if you, or anyone else, thought blah blah blah...

Another attempt to stir the pot. I think this is why a lot of long time regular posters are keeping their post count down low. Also, when the program looked like it was slipping into non relevance 2 years ago and there was no good reason for it, that brought out a lot of frustration and a whole lot more posts on how to turn it around. Right now we have very little to grumble about as the arrow's pointing upwards. So the pot stirrers come on here and create things like how KL and TL would like to skewer RM, who will be the next transfer out, and blah blah blah blah.....I think alot of us have nothing to say about things we know nothing about.

I very much agree with that. I'll go ahead and say it. People don't like Rick Majerus and would almost accept the Billikens losing just to spite Rick. I think people disappearing has more to do with Rick than with trolls or our record. You were not out of line at all when you made that little comment about people forgetting we won a game. While I don't think people are rooting against the Billikens, I do think some of our wins are bitter sweet to them because of a distaste for Rick. Whatever...it's their problem.

I very much agree with that. I'll go ahead and say it. People don't like Rick Majerus and would almost accept the Billikens losing just to spite Rick. I think people disappearing has more to do with Rick than with trolls or our record. You were not out of line at all when you made that little comment about people forgetting we won a game. While I don't think people are rooting against the Billikens, I do think some of our wins are bitter sweet to them because of a distaste for Rick. Whatever...it's their problem.

I wonder if Coach Majerus gets the Billikens to the NCAA Tourny in the next 2 or 3 of years ,how many haters are there going to be ???? and advertise it .

Tall Poppy Syndrome its a natural human behavour , especially when people have had a previous fondness for the person replaced.

I wonder if Coach Majerus gets the Billikens to the NCAA Tourny in the next 2 or 3 of years ,how many haters are there going to be ???? and advertise it .

Tall Poppy Syndrome its a natural human behavour , especially when people have had a previous fondness for the person replaced.

This whole - RM hater thing is way over blown. There are a few knuckleheads who don't care for him but the vast majority of the fans are behind him.

This whole - RM hater thing is way over blown. There are a few knuckleheads who don't care for him but the vast majority of the fans are behind him.

Yes, I also think that the overwhelming majority of fans are thrilled that Majerus is the SLU coach. He is a coaching legend and he is really starting to upgrade the talent level. The freshmen are really starting to develop and I think the future looks very bright.

Then why does that explain the lack of other threads and interest in SLU's play or opponents play in recent games prior to Richmond? But nice try though.

Courtside, why prolong the fight? Cheeseman, Brian and NH had moved on in the previous three posts to actual basketball discussion but you just couldn't resist moving the conversation back to an argument. Why do you feel the need to constantly bicker with everyone on this site?

Courtside, why prolong the fight? Cheeseman, Brian and NH had moved on in the previous three posts to actual basketball discussion but you just couldn't resist moving the conversation back to an argument. Why do you feel the need to constantly bicker with everyone on this site?

and your post does nothing to move it back to an argument? That is the entire purpose of your post ... to bait courtside into an argument again.

and your post does nothing to move it back to an argument? That is the entire purpose of your post ... to bait courtside into an argument again.

Okay, I can see where it can be construed that way. My point is not to bait my friend into an argument again - but simply to point out to C-side that when 'won', and the conversation moved on to basketball he moved it straight back to argument. C-side is always in arguments with multiple posters but never sees it as his doing, it's always the other persons fault. Not here. Basketball was being discussed, and then a completed argument was re-hashed yet again... If I thought him respectable, I would have simply sent a PM, but instead it's better I post it (don't want any harassment accusations) and repeat my favourite line, Courtside is his biggest fan, and his own worst enemy.

No response was needed... Besides, I can't move the conversation 'back' to argument as it is still in this phase!

last word?

That particular poster is obsessed with my posting, it's been awhile now, and has been likely the majority of his/her posts.

I'll let Band Legend's words about courtside in an earlier post in this thread speak for me on this one:

You really need to get over yourself, man. Oh, I get it, you're the one erudite poster among a bunch of nitwits. Or at least that's what you think.

last word.