? about when Salecich and Ellis might enroll

brianstl

Is there any chance that they might enroll in the next few weeks and start practicing with the team?

I am not sure of the exact rules on this or if the U19 world championships would make this not possible. I was reading on the A10 board that Richmond's Aussie freshman did this last season. There are two scholarship spots open right now that would allow the team to do this while redshirting them for the rest of the season.

Is there any chance that they might enroll in the next few weeks and start practicing with the team?

I am not sure of the exact rules on this or if the U19 world championships would make this not possible. I was reading on the A10 board that Richmond's Aussie freshman did this last season. There are two scholarship spots open right now that would allow the team to do this while redshirting them for the rest of the season.

Both boys return to The AIS shortly into a all AUS camp and stay at the AIS until World Championships are over, regardless if they are selected into the side,in that time they will train virtually every day and play in a mens comp for a number of months, and would not be suprised if they head of for a tour in Europe to play mens teams in preperation for the world championships

Both boys return to The AIS shortly into a all AUS camp and stay at the AIS until World Championships are over, regardless if they are selected into the side,in that time they will train virtually every day and play in a mens comp for a number of months, and would not be suprised if they head of for a tour in Europe to play mens teams in preperation for the world championships

Cody Ellis can not sign until April 11, 2009 from what I read and RM would not comment on him on tonight;s radio program on 101.1 ESPN radio

I thought Ian improved by leaps and bounds after playing with the national team, but maybe I'm not recalling this correctly.

I think his skills increased, but I remember there being concerns about him going the distance in a college basketball season after playing all summer (or it may have been hopes that he would do better when he stopped playing with the team).

I think his skills increased, but I remember there being concerns about him going the distance in a college basketball season after playing all summer (or it may have been hopes that he would do better when he stopped playing with the team).

Steve, I remember some sentiment that Ian should have spent the summer at West Pine, but I believe this was the summer between his sophomore and junior years...and that was when he showed his biggest improvement.

(If I'm mistaken about this, please correct me)

Steve, I remember some sentiment that Ian should have spent the summer at West Pine, but I believe this was the summer between his sophomore and junior years...and that was when he showed his biggest improvement.

(If I'm mistaken about this, please correct me)

completely correcto. he finished strong his junior year, did not play for the Greek team before his senior year, had big hopes for improved play, NBA career, and ..... kaplooey!

mhg

I don't think this will be a problem. RM's bench will be deep enough to spread the minutes around. Something the Bills have not had the luxury of in the past.

Depth is a wonderfull thing. :lol:

This is very minor, but is there a fear of fatigue? I remember this being a problem with Ian (or maybe Izik) playing abroad in the past.

Steve. Believe some are missing your point. It is correct that IV did play oversees between his Soph and Jr. year - when he made his biggest improvement- and that he did not between his Jr. and Sr years; however, IV (and the Bills) played worse than expected down the stretch of his Jr. year - end of the A10 season and A10 Tourney. Possibly, other teams did a better job of scouting him/us and/or made the necessary adjustments but IV's personal stats did decrease and many on this Board suggested he may have been exhausted. Who knows for sure but possibly this is what you were referring to.

As Dr. K points out, our 2 Aussies will not have to carry the load all by themselves next year as IV did. Also, compared to his Freshman and Sophomore years, IV greatly improved both his skills as well as his strength/stamina but he has never been considered our strongest player or our best conditioned athlete. Possibly IV wore down whereas other guys would not.