MAC Luncheon Lady BIlls asst

volfan

I was at the MAC luncheon today and thought it was good one. As most of you know I like womens basketball and went to many games this year. The lady bills did not have a great season but I still enjoyed going.

Today Tony Francis was the speaker at the luncheon. He is one of the asst coaches for the women. I do not know why Jill Pizzotti was not there, I thought she would be there to promote her program they did not do that well this year.

I must say Tony francis was one good speaker and seems like he is a great coach maybe even the slu head coach some day. He apologized to everybody for the teams poor play this year and how the did not represent the university well. Also saying how the team and coaches need to do a better job of representing slu. He jsut really impressed me with what he said and how he handled himself up there.

I hope the Slu athletic department notices how lucky they are to have such a fine young coach who wants to represent SLU with great honor. If they ever decide to get rid of Pizzotti they should consider Coach Francis

When you look at the consistently poor records of women's bb and men's baseball, it seems like no one in the Athletic Department really cares. With men's bb and soccer the only revenue producing sports, it just seems like an unending string of losing seasons means little or nothing to the powers that be in Athletics.Didn't the womens team only win 2 games in conference all year?

I think your right when it comes to wins and losses. While they would rather win then lose I think personalities are more important to Woolard.Everyone seems to like Jill inspite of her very average record. I would be surprised if there was any movement to remove her.