refs

GOSLU68

Uncontested layup

Roy and his boys say.......duhhh what happened,crying at the refs, then head home in the middle of the cornfield.

Relieved the young player said

joe, got a translation for us?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend

of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to

Howth Castle and Environs.

Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-

core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy

isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor

had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse

to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper

all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to

tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a

kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in

vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a

peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory

end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.

The fall (bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonner-

ronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthur-

nuk!) of a once wallstrait oldparr is retaled early in bed and later

on life down through all christian minstrelsy. The great fall of the

offwall entailed at such short notice the pftjschute of Finnegan,

erse solid man, that the humptyhillhead of humself prumptly sends

an unquiring one well to the west in quest of his tumptytumtoes:

and their upturnpikepointandplace is at the knock out in the park

where oranges have been laid to rust upon the green since dev-

linsfirst loved livvy.

James Joyce?

One of these days, I'll manage to get more than 30 pages into "Ulysses." That, and "Infinite Jest."

Uncontested layup

Roy and his boys say.......duhhh what happened,crying at the refs, then head home in the middle of the cornfield.

Relieved the young player said

Not as much a translation as a stylistic evaluation: This is a Southern Illinois haiku. Note the classic Carbondale interpretation of the 5-7-5 syllabic pattern.

Not as much a translation as a stylistic evaluation: This is a Southern Illinois haiku. Note the classic Carbondale interpretation of the 5-7-5 syllabic pattern.

joe, dont many linguistic experts believe that a lot of the early pee wee herman dialogue was actually a cannabalized version of SIH? much of "big adventure's" big chase scene utilized the 5-7-5.

When he posts I'm always reminded of that scene in Billy Madison: "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

"...I award you NO points, and may God have mercy on your soul." LOL, CLASSIC!!! :)

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrc...</object>://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrc...</object>://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrc...</object>

GAME OVER

This one shows incredible elegance and subtlety. It's a classic example of the Carbondale "sgnimmuc .e.e" style, first discovered by SIU Prof. Archibald Geoffrey "Goober" Sant'Ambrogio in an experiment where he locked 500 monkeys and 500 SIUC freshmen in a room with 1000 typewriters. He never proved it, but he was pretty sure the monkeys wrote the poetry and the freshmen used the typewriter keys to give each other tattoos and/or as toilet paper.

This one shows incredible elegance and subtlety. It's a classic example of the Carbondale "sgnimmuc .e.e" style, first discovered by SIU Prof. Archibald Geoffrey "Goober" Sant'Ambrogio in an experiment where he locked 500 monkeys and 500 SIUC freshmen in a room with 1000 typewriters. He never proved it, but he was pretty sure the monkeys wrote the poetry and the freshmen used the typewriter keys to give each other tattoos and/or as toilet paper.

:):lol::lol:

now this is "GAME OVER"

I also believe the ink from the typewriter was heated and used as a meth predecessor. They really were ahead of their time.

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. It's not a complete work, by any means, but I just threw this together.

“GAME OVER,” said Basketball Country upon reading the foreclosure notice. Slack jawed, he stared out the kitchen window into the courtyard, contemplating his next move. In just a matter of hours, the sheriff would be knocking on his door and the double-wide currently sitting on lot 23-B of the Terre du Carbon Mobile Home Park would officially become property of Soy Bank & Trust. But the foreclosure wasn’t his most pressing problem; he needed to get this place **** and span before the sheriff arrived, or he'd be headed back to the slammer – no small task, for sure. But thousands of empty Sudafed boxes don’t just throw themselves away, and what in the hell would he do with all these empty ammonia tanks? God damn, he thought, why did LuAnn have to die in that explosion...

The gravity of the situation bearing down on him, he began to think about just how he got himself into this mess. It seemed like only yesterday that he made that uncontested layup, the one that beat Red Bud at the buzzer to win state. They still talk about that game to this day.

As a high schooler, roundball was his only escape from the bleak reality of life in Carbondale, taking precedent over everything, especially his schoolwork. But once that magical senior season ended, it seemed like no one had any use for him anymore. Disillusioned with the game he loved and the townsfolk who had quickly turned their attention to the up-and-coming hot-shot sophomore point guard who held prospects of hardwood glory, he answered the siren song of methanphetamine...

oh my gosh i am crying i am laughing so hard. i am going home early as anything else that happens today can only ruin that literary high! i agree with bonwich. my oh my oh my. i am not even in the same world box or i should say mr and won.

p.s. mr and won, i truly think you should send this to CMT for consideration for the next willie nelson/toby keith cmt movie of the week screen play.

the red bud game was a great touch.

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. It's not a complete work, by any means, but I just threw this together.

“GAME OVER,” said Basketball Country upon reading the foreclosure notice. Slack jawed, he stared out the kitchen window into the courtyard, contemplating his next move. In just a matter of hours, the sheriff would be knocking on his door and the double-wide currently sitting on lot 23-B of the Terre du Carbon Mobile Home Park would officially become property of Soy Bank & Trust. But the foreclosure wasn’t his most pressing problem; he needed to get this place **** and span before the sheriff arrived, or he'd be headed back to the slammer – no small task, for sure. But thousands of empty Sudafed boxes don’t just throw themselves away, and what in the hell would he do with all these empty ammonia tanks? God damn, he thought, why did LuAnn have to die in that explosion...

The gravity of the situation bearing down on him, he began to think about just how he got himself into this mess. It seemed like only yesterday that he made that uncontested layup, the one that beat Red Bud at the buzzer to win state. They still talk about that game to this day.

As a high schooler, roundball was his only escape from the bleak reality of life in Carbondale, taking precedent over everything, especially his schoolwork. But once that magical senior season ended, it seemed like no one had any use for him anymore. Disillusioned with the game he loved and the townsfolk who had quickly turned their attention to the up-and-coming hot-shot sophomore point guard who held prospects of hardwood glory, he answered the siren song of methanphetamine...

awesome.

Classic!! Well done Box.

How much is the "genuis" getting paid again??

Saw some asked where the refs were from, what were they doing calling this game. Hmmmm..THE great conference the billikens play in. THE ATLANTIC TEN REFS.....so dont go there.

Lets see, had the LEAD against gino....the FIRST year coach at kent. Lets just go over the last Kent st play with the home team LEADING and gino setting up this last play. This on the brand new HOME floor actually against a hmmm so so team(midamerican conference) on the great schedule of the billikins.AGAINST the HOME crowd at the new jewell with ATLANTIC TEN REFS and the GENIUS on our side.

They take the ball out of bounds almost at half court..yes just take...my friend and I looking at each other knowing, we dont have to say a word.....

Where was the biggest guy on the team right on the guy with the ball taking it out of bounds.. or even tommy with his long armsall over the guy smothering him arms up waving moving left and right , could even yell, oh no.....making the guy think or maybe even say panic

Where was the double team keeping their one man scoring MACHINE, for at least the past 25 POINTS keeping him TOUCHING THE BALL. THERE is no way he gets the ball out of bounds. NO WAY.

No problem........... ginos player just flipped a SOFT PASS into the studs hand ...just like a game of 5 on 5 at the park.NOTHING ON EITHER PLAYER,UNCONTESTED,Ginos stud just slowly trots up past 10 SECOND. UNGUARDED might add

He gets past the ten second line like a walk in the park,comes up ten foot from the top of the key..NO ATTACK BY say lisch and liddell,not their fault who should now have been DOUBLED OR TRIPLED TEAMED, but the stud is just dribbling letting a few seconds go off the clock, might have been whistling, do not know..then he GIVES UP the ball to a teammate......yes just kind of a soft pass to a teammate, oh boy

this stud is NOT going to touch the ball again right?.......nah

gino goes into a mini older than dirt weave....and yea you guessed it.....a uncontested unguarded soft pass BACK to the MAIN MAN....UNREAL ....lets didnt deny him the ball out of bounds, no wolves all over his ass while he is dribbling up like in the park.

Grade school coaches where are you?

Now we are really looking at ourselves, even people that hardly know anything about basketball around us have their hands on their heads saying ........WHAT ARE OUR GUYS DOING

I was watching gino the genius,even HE is waving and yelling get the ball back to the STUD.

Yea, the stud has the ball AGAIN, going to make his move from the TOP OF THE KEY...their team spreads out like on the playground, guess what one on one.

Our stud gets around that ONE,and goes in for a kind of underhanded layup.....LAYUP...his EASIEST UNCONTESTED SHOT OF THE NIGHT....yes there billikens all around him watching him do it.

UNCONTESTED LAYUP, NOBODY going to him, he just scored about 25 or more points in a row on the BILLIKEN HOME FLOOR.

THERE IS NO WAY NO WAY HE SCORES A UNCONTESTED LAYUP....wow how can that happen to the "genius" no way that would happen.......never..whatever you do if he gets around someone get all over him,right. Uh NO

GAME OVER

CRY CRY CRY.... every year..about the "REFS"...THE ATLANTIC TEN REFS ON THE HOME FLOOR

OK

as a player recently said when he was redshirted by the genius ....the "genuis" words himself...."he, the player, was relieved.....RELIEVED

A young man who has played the game he enjoys so much for so long.........is RELIEVED he isnt playing a game he loves for a YEAR.

that is one strong word ..RELIEVED...for someone in LIFE to say,yet alone a very YOUNG person the "genuis",..... he does love to talk.....too much

I,and others do not blame the young man for being relieved.

Do you have any idea what you are posting, or do you just randomly hit keys and then post whatever turns up? Do you read it? Do YOU understand it?

I'm not trying to be funny, it's just that your posts rarely make sense. So, I'm curious, do you even know what you are trying (however unsuccessful you may be) to say. The thing is country, I care. The rest of these guys just seem to get a kick out of making fun of your obvious disability. I for one, think that's wrong, we should care about our fellow man (if that's accurate) and I care about you. In the future if you will pm me your posts in advance and if by the rare chance I can comprehend what you are trying to say, I will help you rewrite it so it makes sense. I love you man, always remember Skip cares.

bauman likes this

Would you just STOP comparing BBC to Twain! If anything BBC is more reminiscent of Faulkner. If you've read "The Sound and Fury" especially the section written from Benjy's point of view, you've got BBC to the letter. Of course Benjy is insane.....

I've been off this board for months due to not renenwing my season tickets at the last minute due to financial considerations. I have to come back here to defend Mark Twain from your slanders?

Love ya Roy,

Rich

Rich, you are spot on with the Faulkner. I expect this guy to bust out a litte "wood 'n hay kin burn" on us.