SLU marketing

willie

I noticed in the front section of the Post that we had an add for half season tickets. $245 got you a nine game package. It seems to me that our athletic department has been doing a pretty good job of trying to sell tickets. Free hot dogs,half tickets,billboards around town and I'm sure smaller packages yet to come are signs of better marketing effort. I'm also hopefull that they will spend some effort to upgrade their in game promotion. Some of their employees like Koshe and Declan have been around for awhile and may be growing into their jobs. In any event I think they are trying.

I noticed in the front section of the Post that we had an add for half season tickets. $245 got you a nine game package. It seems to me that our athletic department has been doing a pretty good job of trying to sell tickets. Free hot dogs,half tickets,billboards around town and I'm sure smaller packages yet to come are signs of better marketing effort. I'm also hopefull that they will spend some effort to upgrade their in game promotion. Some of their employees like Koshe and Declan have been around for awhile and may be growing into their jobs. In any event I think they are trying.

Hey, this is BS ... if new season ticket prospects get a billboard, I want a billboard also.

A big freaking giant Skip billboard along highway 40.

They could do that. A big picture of you pointing to a purple dodge neon.

I was thinking something more SLU basketball related. I could be standing over a ref lying on the ground trembling with his whistle hanging out of the corner of his mouth .... saying something witty.

How about some idea's for what I'd be saying while standing over the refs.

SLU basketball ... where the refs suck and we let'em know it.

Or We had the bad refs last game ... get back to Columbia where no one cares.

I was thinking something more SLU basketball related. I could be standing over a ref lying on the ground trembling with his whistle hanging out of the corner of his mouth .... saying something witty.

Or, every time we get a bad call, just have every huge screen at the Chaifetz show :19 to :21 on repeat for 10 seconds. We could have Justin "The Airplane" Johnson courtside cracking his knuckles for tangible intimidation.

I bet the refs would straighten up if they thought that they faced potential life-threatening injuries after every "Screw SLU" call...

Regarding the player punching the official: besides being banned for life from the Uruguayan league, he should be locked up. That's assault and battery! Shouldn't he spend at least a year in jail for that? And when he gets out, he shouldn't be able to play in any pro league. And don't let him even think about getting into coaching.

Regarding the player punching the official: besides being banned for life from the Uruguayan league, he should be locked up. That's assault and battery! Shouldn't he spend at least a year in jail for that? And when he gets out, he shouldn't be able to play in any pro league. And don't let him even think about getting into coaching.

Yeah, I can't believe that's not assault and battery... Just because it happened at "work" doesn't make it OK. That was my first question as well. However, if we could get the Billiken digitally inserted into that video, throwing the punch, I think we should definitely consider using that as an anti-"Screw SLU" gimmick.

Saint Louis University Basketball 2008-2009

"The Billiken, He'll Go To Rikers For 3 Years Just To Prove His Point"

Ahhhh...blaming the refs. A classic excuse for SLU fans. We'd be Kentucky or UCLA if it weren't for the refs.

Ahhhh...blaming the refs. A classic excuse for SLU fans. We'd be Kentucky or UCLA if it weren't for the refs.

Yeah, because we all know blaming refs is unique to SLU fans :blink: I never hear fans of any other teams blame the refs ;)

Good thing kevin is here to set SLU fans straight again. Just like the time he scolded some SLU fans and declared that Majerus would never be interested in the SLU job :lol:

Yeah, because we all know blaming refs is unique to SLU fans :blink: I never hear fans of any other teams blame the refs ;)

Good thing kevin is here to set SLU fans straight again. Just like the time he scolded some SLU fans and declared that Majerus would never be interested in the SLU job :lol:

Ahhh, leave it to ace to deliver the lies! :P

I DID make a post that SLU would never get a coach like RM for the money they were paying Brad. No way, no how. ace insisted that RM would coach here for Brad money becasue of the new arena (he did so repeatedly) :lol:

I guess that's "scolding" that I did. :lol:

Guess what, I was correct and ace was wrong...I know, no real shock. ;)

Biondi finally stepped up to the plate financially and delivered a big name coach for big dollars...not to mention the extra money paid out for top assistants. The "scolding" being done on my part was regarding Biondi being cheap.

Thanks for proving my point, ace!!! :P

By the way, how many games will ace attend this year? Last year ace posted on here that he went to 1 or 2 games each year. It's kind of ironic that someone who rarely sees the team play is so generous with his rich insights regarding the talent of players and the quality of coaching. :blink::blink:

I can't wait for more "expert" analysis from ace this season...between all of the lies of course!

Ahhh, leave it to ace to deliver the lies! :lol:

I DID make a post that SLU would never get a coach like RM for the money they were paying Brad. No way, no how. ace insisted that RM would coach here for Brad money becasue of the new arena (he did so repeatedly) :blink:

I guess that's "scolding" that I did. :blink:

Guess what, I was correct and ace was wrong...I know, no real shock. :lol:

Biondi finally stepped up to the plate financially and delivered a big name coach for big dollars...not to mention the extra money paid out for top assistants. The "scolding" being done on my part was regarding Biondi being cheap.

Thanks for proving my point, ace!!! ;)

By the way, how many games will ace attend this year? Last year ace posted on here that he went to 1 or 2 games each year. It's kind of ironic that someone who rarely sees the team play is so generous with his rich insights regarding the talent of players and the quality of coaching. :lol::blink:

I can't wait for more "expert" analysis from ace this season...between all of the lies of course!

Wow! This one won't help your little credibility problem on the board. There was no discussion of salary... nice revisionist history. You just didn't think SLU was good enough for Majerus. And of course, according to you, blaming the refs is unique to SLU fans ;)

When did I say I only went to 1 or 2 games? I didn't. Looks like you've been caught borrowing another one for billiphan/postcard's failed playbook. You seem to do that a lot - roy being a diabetic, skip and billiphan fight reference and of course your latest effort baiting roy. You and billiphan/postcard make a good couple.

Wow! This one won't help your little credibility problem on the board. There was no discussion of salary... nice revisionist history. You just didn't think SLU was good enough for Majerus. And of course, according to you, blaming the refs is unique to SLU fans :rolleyes:

When did I say I only went to 1 or 2 games? I didn't. Looks like you've been caught borrowing another one for billiphan/postcard's failed playbook. You seem to do that a lot - roy being a diabetic, skip and billiphan fight reference and of course your latest effort baiting roy. You and billiphan/postcard make a good couple.

Hold it right there. I thought postcard was my buddy. Footes, I will meet you at home depot to fight over him. Ace, what time are you on cart duty at home depot? You can judge the fight.

Wow! This one won't help your little credibility problem on the board. There was no discussion of salary... nice revisionist history. You just didn't think SLU was good enough for Majerus. And of course, according to you, blaming the refs is unique to SLU fans :rolleyes:

Funny stuff. The revision came on your end after RM was hired. After never mentioning that salary would be a consideration, you came back with "well, the salary was obviuosly going up with a new coach". This is funny because you had never mentioned it and SLU paid Brad less than Romar.

Lies, lies, lies.