Frankie C's radio show

willie

I was listening to Frankie's radio show as I was driving to a meeting. It was his roundtable show with Rich Grawer and Tom Holley. Someone called in and asked if all of SLU's freshmen would be eligible. Franks quick answer was "yes they are all here". Someone also asked about open practices and all 3 said no one has open practices anymore. In part they blamed the internet where everybody knows everything. I do wish they would have a few open scrimages so Bauman, Skip and I would know whats going on.

I was listening to Frankie's radio show as I was driving to a meeting. It was his roundtable show with Rich Grawer and Tom Holley. Someone called in and asked if all of SLU's freshmen would be eligible. Franks quick answer was "yes they are all here". Someone also asked about open practices and all 3 said no one has open practices anymore. In part they blamed the internet where everybody knows everything. I do wish they would have a few open scrimages so Bauman, Skip and I would know whats going on.

I was told that all are here and working hard. That does not mean that all have been completely cleared by the Clearinghouse. In terms of practices, etc.--the days where we could just meander in and watch practice and then post all of our evaluations on the internet are gone forever. Although I hate it, in the long run it is probably good, particularly for a team of freshmen like we have because one bad day of practice for a player or two can be broadcast all over, and repeated again and again, to the effect that that player is a "bust" and those things seem to take on a life of their own. We have seen many people on this board come to a conclusion about a players entire career based upon seeing the player in a half dozen games or less--or even worse hearing about how the player played in a few games. I would always go to a handful of practices every year and liked watching them as much as games, kind of like watching practice rounds in a big PGA golf tournament. Change is not always fun!

I was told that all are here and working hard. That does not mean that all have been completely cleared by the Clearinghouse. In terms of practices, etc.--the days where we could just meander in and watch practice and then post all of our evaluations on the internet are gone forever. Although I hate it, in the long run it is probably good, particularly for a team of freshmen like we have because one bad day of practice for a player or two can be broadcast all over, and repeated again and again, to the effect that that player is a "bust" and those things seem to take on a life of their own. We have seen many people on this board come to a conclusion about a players entire career based upon seeing the player in a half dozen games or less--or even worse hearing about how the player played in a few games. I would always go to a handful of practices every year and liked watching them as much as games, kind of like watching practice rounds in a big PGA golf tournament. Change is not always fun!

Well technically they all aren't "there" but they will be on Wednesday, which is move-in day for the Freshmen.