!st game at the Fetz

We are opening up the season with a regular season game against UMSL. Just thought I would let you guys know. I know the women have scheduled home games against Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri

Awesome. Kentucky is playing UMSL too, for an exhibition game. Playing D2 teams in the regular season sucks.

Why would we possibly have a million-dollar coach and an $80M arena and then open our regular season with a D2 team?

Are we sure that any game with UMSL would be a regular season game as opposed to Exhibition? I thought I'd never long for games against Houston but if UMSL is really a regular season game....

Come on RM and May. UMSL would be a real set back to this program.

Are we sure that any game with UMSL would be a regular season game as opposed to Exhibition? I thought I'd never long for games against Houston but if UMSL is really a regular season game....

Come on RM and May. UMSL would be a real set back to this program.

We opened the regular season with Quincy last year after exhibitions with other D2 and D3 schools. It is possible UMSL could be a regular season game and it would count towards our overall record, but not the RPI.

The Harris Stowe head coach told me that they would play us in an exhibition at the new building as a thank you for allowing the Bills to use the HS gym for practice last year. With our playing Memphis in the closed scrimmage, we are only allowed one exhibition game. Last year was the same situation with our only exhibition game being against UMSL.

Folks, I believe some of you are overreacting or are misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure that the "1st game at the 'Fetz" that Orlando Stewart is referring to is the women's team's exhibition against UM-St. Louis. I thought the men's team would not have an exhibition against UMSL this year because they have the exhibition against Harris Stowe and the scrimmage against Memphis.

If we play a preseason game with a local team wouldn't the current D-III national champions at Washington U. be the most attractive opponent?

Some on the board may remember that we opened the refurbished Francis Field House against the "Battling Bears." It was Monroe and Roland's first game as Billikens.

No slam on Harris Stowe or U.M.S.L. but Wash U. has a much better tradition then either of them.

Folks, I believe some of you are overreacting or are misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure that the "1st game at the 'Fetz" that Orlando Stewart is referring to is the women's team's exhibition against UM-St. Louis. I thought the men's team would not have an exhibition against UMSL this year because they have the exhibition against Harris Stowe and the scrimmage against Memphis.

But to my point before, we played the non-D1 Quincy University to open last year's regular season schedule. I'm not verifying this piece of information as true, but it is definitely possible.

AGB91, I would absolutely like to play Wash U before the others as an exhibition- play the closest opponent possible, play a stronger opponent, play a good academic school- to me, there's just more interest in that than the others.

If this is true, it sucks. Come on SLU gets some balls and play someone good to open the arena. I'd rather lose against a good team, then beat up on some patsy. The first game should be an event. UMSL is not an event.

Easier said than done. It is hard for schools like SLU to schedule and if Rickma has had any effect so far he has made it more difficult. No big BCS teams and even some of the big established non-BCS teams will want to play us until they can be sure a loss to SLU won't look terrible on their resume. Who wants to come to SLU and get a loss against an undermanned SLU team while being outcoached by Rickma. We will have to establish ourselves before it gets easier to schedule at SLU.

Easier said than done. It is hard for schools like SLU to schedule and if Rickma has had any effect so far he has made it more difficult. No big BCS teams and even some of the big established non-BCS teams will want to play us until they can be sure a loss to SLU won't look terrible on their resume. Who wants to come to SLU and get a loss against an undermanned SLU team while being outcoached by Rickma. We will have to establish ourselves before it gets easier to schedule at SLU.

Were we able to schedule good games at other points of the season? or do we play division 3 schools for all of our non conf games.