SLU vs. Notre Dame

I thought I remember reading or hearing that SLU and Notre Dame were supposed to play each other next season. Originlly I heard it was going to be at ND but then I heard it got moved to Chicago. Is there any truth to this or was I just dreaming?

RM has made reference to working towards a neutral site game with ND several times at speaking engagements, but I am pretty sure I remember him saying it would be in 2010.

RM has made reference to working towards a neutral site game with ND several times at speaking engagements, but I am pretty sure I remember him saying it would be in 2010.

Why would RM want a neutral site game with ND? BTW, Chicago isn't really a neutral site for them anyway.

Why would RM want a neutral site game with ND? BTW, Chicago isn't really a neutral site for them anyway.

St. Louis would be a home game for the Fighting Irish. I'd rather play them in Chicago.

that season will be a bit of a changing of the guard for ND. Martin, Hansbrough, Harangody, Francis will all have been seniors the previous season (I assume we are talking 2010-2011 season). We will also have a solid group of returning juniors and seniors coming back for that season. There is no reason this couldnt be a good game!

I grew up in south bend and have seen first hand the migration from SB to Chicago. We should have our own neighborhood there by now - like a really boring Chinatown! But honestly, if you have been to SB you cant blame us for heading to the city...

chicago would be a home game to and we would get hammered either way and our best chance to beat them was in the NIT a couple of years ago.

Remember that NIT game? SLU had just beaten Iowa at Family Arena on Drejaj's last second 3 pointer. ND's Joyce ACC was unavailable. There was thought that the SLU-ND game would be somewhere in the St. Louis Area. And lo and behold, at the last minute, the game was mysteriously transferred to that alleged "neutral site" in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, with about 11,000 Notre Dame fans in attendance.

I think when you graduate from ND, you're required to move to Chicago after graduation. :P

Now do they plant the stick up the ass when they arrive at the gates of chicago, or does that happen at the actual commencement?

Now do they plant the stick up the ass when they arrive at the gates of chicago, or does that happen at the actual commencement?

It's actually a small implant that you get when you begin your freshman year, but it grows over time. Think Eric Cartman in the early South Park episodes.

Two of my neighbors are domers. I learned that within about five seconds of meeting them.

It's actually a small implant that you get when you begin your freshman year, but it grows over time. Think Eric Cartman in the early South Park episodes.

Two of my neighbors are domers. I learned that within about five seconds of meeting them.

Do they remind you of that a lot incase you forget?

I live in South Bend... just thought you would enjoy the fact that ND thinks they are so much better than everyone else that they actually became their own "city" even though it is completely surrounded by South Bend. What other university would do this...?

Just an absolutely absurd view of themselves on their high horse

I really do love ND for the most part so lets keep this Irish bashing to a minimum! :P

I live in South Bend... just thought you would enjoy the fact that ND thinks they are so much better than everyone else that they actually became their own "city" even though it is completely surrounded by South Bend. What other university would do this...?

Just an absolutely absurd view of themselves on their high horse

I really do love ND for the most part so lets keep this Irish bashing to a minimum! :P

What do you think the city of St. Louis is named after? Yep...SLU.

There is no "city" of Notre Dame, Indiana. This is a myth that won't die. The fact that most ND grads/students believe there is tells you a lot about the groupthink and delusion eminating from the place. There is just a college campus just like hundreds of other colleges.

There is no "city" of Notre Dame, Indiana. This is a myth that won't die. The fact that most ND grads/students believe there is tells you a lot about the groupthink and delusion eminating from the place. There is just a college campus just like hundreds of other colleges.

I want to correct myself a bit here (and I need to apologize somewhat to an ND alum who got me started on the whole "city of Notre Dame" thing). Apparently, Notre Dame does exist outside the city of South Bend. There is still no city of Notre Dame; but I guess there is an unincorporated area that goes by the Notre Dame name.

I am actually a SLU student (soon to be Junior) who grew up and still goes home to South Bend.

If having your own Fire Station, Police Force, Bank, revenue earning capabilities and Zip Code dont make you an entirely separate entity I dont know what does... I am actually writing this as I look out my office window at a sign that says " University of Notre Dame: Notre Dame, Indiana 46556"

Anyway, back to something of importance: basketball. how long before we can call Harangody the best player who will have no chance to play regularly in the NBA over Hansbrough?

I am actually a SLU student (soon to be Junior) who grew up and still goes home to South Bend.

If having your own Fire Station, Police Force, Bank, revenue earning capabilities and Zip Code dont make you an entirely separate entity I dont know what does... I am actually writing this as I look out my office window at a sign that says " University of Notre Dame: Notre Dame, Indiana 46556"

Anyway, back to something of importance: basketball. how long before we can call Harangody the best player who will have no chance to play regularly in the NBA over Hansbrough?

Monsanto, where I once worked, has its own zip code, but it's not Monsanto, MO.

I grew up in south bend and have seen first hand the migration from SB to Chicago. We should have our own neighborhood there by now - like a really boring Chinatown! But honestly, if you have been to SB you cant blame us for heading to the city...

Hey watch it there that is my new boring hometown that you are talking about. :mellow:

Hey watch it there that is my new boring hometown that you are talking about. :mellow:

Does St. Louis have an orange Julius location? I love those things

The more I read that the more I have no idea what comparison I was trying to make. I think I meant to talk about South Bend being as dull as possible and somehow my brain translated that to Chicago... You know a comparison is poor when the writer doesnt even have any idea what is going on!

This rumored game, is it for the 2009-2010 season or the 2010-2011 season?

Also, I heard a commercial on the radio here about an auction for coaches vs. cancer and a golf outing to follow. Rick Majerus' name was in the commercial but I missed a part of it and did not know if he would be here or just something of his is at the auction? I know he is a tough man to track but does anyone with connections have any idea if he is going to be in attendance for this event? I would love to attend if I could play some golf with RM for a day

Does St. Louis have an orange Julius location? I love those things

The more I read that the more I have no idea what comparison I was trying to make. I think I meant to talk about South Bend being as dull as possible and somehow my brain translated that to Chicago... You know a comparison is poor when the writer doesnt even have any idea what is going on!

This rumored game, is it for the 2009-2010 season or the 2010-2011 season?

Also, I heard a commercial on the radio here about an auction for coaches vs. cancer and a golf outing to follow. Rick Majerus' name was in the commercial but I missed a part of it and did not know if he would be here or just something of his is at the auction? I know he is a tough man to track but does anyone with connections have any idea if he is going to be in attendance for this event? I would love to attend if I could play some golf with RM for a day

South Bend is my new boring hometown. What do people do for fun here?

South Bend is my new boring hometown. What do people do for fun here?

Haven't you figured that out from this thread? They go to Chicago. :mellow:

Oh, and on some of the above misinformation about Notre Dame, IN: Father Sorin founded Notre Dame in 1842. The area he built Notre Dame wasn't South Bend yet, nor even remotely "surrounded by it." (And in addition to Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN also includes Holy Cross College -- see also: "Rudy" -- and St. Mary's College -- see also: Joanne Bonwich, x52). My great-grandmother and great uncle are both buried in Notre Dame, IN.

I've spent a week or so cumulatively in South Bend (my real home town) in the past two years and the best I could tell, there isn't a whole lot to do for fun there. There's a replica of the Notre Dame grotto on the grounds of St. Stanislaus church just off of Lincoln Way that my grandfather and great uncle built, but all the good Polish corner taverns from when I was a kid are long gone.

Oh, yeah, PS -- this from the main "History" page on the Notre Dame website. I've always loved this little fact:

"Based on the ratio studiorum used by the Jesuits at St. Louis University, Notre Dame's early curriculum included four years of humanities, poetry, rhetoric, and philosophy, plus offerings in French, German, Spanish, and Italian, and various forms of music and drawing.

Nothing better than a wedding at St. Patricks followed by a polish style meal at St. Hedwigs! Just went to one last weekend and it was the highlight of my South Bend summer so far. Whether South Bend is that bad or St. Hedwig food is that good I have not yet decided. I went to St Joe and we started catering in St. Hedwig and MR Falcon polish dinners for all of our events my senior year. Best decision we have ever made.