Ruben gets his score!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would make this its own thread. Redbird, if I understand your other post correctly, sounds like Ruben got the ACT score he needed!!

This is great news! Congrats Ruben!

So we are optimistic about Willie and are pretty sure of the other six, nice call on that one SS601

from a billikens.com perspective, probably the best part of this outstanding news is that might also force the 601 character to disappear permanently as he now looks even more stupid than before!

congratulations to ruben!!!!!!! those that have not seen ruben are in for a treat imo.

from a billikens.com perspective, probably the best part of this outstanding news is that might also force the 601 character to disappear permanently as he now looks even more stupid than before!

congratulations to ruben!!!!!!! those that have not seen ruben are in for a treat imo.

HEY! I know you're trying to reach billiken_roy^2 levels of posting, but i don't think there's any need to resort to double posting. :)

This upcoming season is looking sunnier than ever... maybe there's something to Majerus recruiting smart kids w/ character after all...

I'll have some cotto salami in his honor.

Posted Image

hahahahaha

i can't help but look at ruben and think "basketball been berry berry goood to me." he just has that fun-loving island boy look to him. except he's not roided up like terry bradshaw. between cotto and kwamain, this team is SET SET SET at pg/sg for four years. awesome.

hahahahaha

i can't help but look at ruben and think "basketball been berry berry goood to me." he just has that fun-loving island boy look to him. except he's not roided up like terry bradshaw. between cotto and kwamain, this team is SET SET SET at pg/sg for four years. awesome.

I share your enthusiasm. I can't wait to hear him in postgame interviews, either.

He also very well might have the most deli-friendly name in basketball history. Our marketing department has to play that angle up. How 'bout a promotion with a local deli- Amighetti's or something like that. "Every time Ruben scores X points, half-priced ruebens the next day." Or maybe something like the old Chevy's promotion, with buy one get one free if the Bills score 70 and win, only with his name and namesake sandwich.

I sure hope someone in the AD is reading. I'm giving you gold for nothing.

What terrific news! With Cotto qualifying and high hopes for Willie Reed I am once again really optimistic about this team. We may be young but we have some talent.

I agree 100%. I was pretty leery of this team if we did not have Cotto and Reed because it looked like we would be a little short on talent and very thin on the inside. If both are now qualified then with Tommie and Kevin, even if we don't go dancing, and I really hope we do for their sake, this should be a very interesting year watching all of these young kids learn and adapt to Rick's system. We will probably take our lumps early but it would be my hope that by the time we get into the conference season in February we will be a tough team to beat!

I agree 100%. I was pretty leery of this team if we did not have Cotto and Reed because it looked like we would be a little short on talent and very thin on the inside. If both are now qualified then with Tommie and Kevin, even if we don't go dancing, and I really hope we do for their sake, this should be a very interesting year watching all of these young kids learn and adapt to Rick's system. We will probably take our lumps early but it would be my hope that by the time we get into the conference season in February we will be a tough team to beat!

Good to see you pumped again.

Did anyone else hear Andy Strickland on Bernie and Randy's show this afternoon - his buzz segment? I caught the tail end as I got in the car but I could have sworn he said Cotto did NOT qualify and would probably be headed to JUCO. Please let me know if anyone heard this - it was probably about 5:20 or so.

Did anyone else hear Andy Strickland on Bernie and Randy's show this afternoon - his buzz segment? I caught the tail end as I got in the car but I could have sworn he said Cotto did NOT qualify and would probably be headed to JUCO. Please let me know if anyone heard this - it was probably about 5:20 or so.

According to posts by Ruben's girlfriend and his best friend from Miami on his facebook page, he did qualify.

Then Strickland got some real bad info and should apologize tomorrow for wrongly reporting a high school kid's academic situation.

Here is what Ruben's girl posted earlier today:

It's official...you did it....You can officially say that SLU's arena is yours!!

Haha...I always believed in you and that you could get that score :))

I would assume she knows his status.