Coach is now the lead story on ESPN

SLUDrew

It is a well written article and I support his views. However, he is setting up a potential 'High Noon' event. He is making it fairly clear what he would do in his comments, "I don't need this job" and "I would probably quite if asked." My gut says he will not be the coach after this season. I hope this isn't the case, but...

It is accompanied by a very well written article by Pat Forde.

RM can do what he wants, but for the good of the program I wish he'd just let it go. I'm not fan of Burke at all, but this can't help the team any. All RM has to do is stop answering questions about this and it will go away. Perhaps RM should live by some of the standards that he requires of his players and not discuss this with the media.

that quote from majerus is out of context.

He said:

"I don't anticipate repercussions," Majerus said. "But if there were, I don't need the job. I like the job, but if Father asked me to step down, I would. I think I would.

"Even if I did need the job, it isn't something that would deter me from this. I'm not going to change my opinions."

Which i take to mean that he isn't going to step down but if Biondi were to ask him to leave he would leave

Majerus works for Biondi, not Burke. If Biondi is ok with it, then who cares.

This is what Biondi said a couple years ago according to PD... "In a speech in 2006 accepting the Citizen of the Year award, which is sponsored by the Post-Dispatch, Biondi said SLU welcomes everyone, regardless of their religious beliefs, race or sexual orientation."

Majerus works for Biondi, not Burke. If Biondi is ok with it, then who cares.

This is what Biondi said a couple years ago according to PD... "In a speech in 2006 accepting the Citizen of the Year award, which is sponsored by the Post-Dispatch, Biondi said SLU welcomes everyone, regardless of their religious beliefs, race or sexual orientation."

The way it should be. It doesn't show a lot of faith in people to mandate that they think a certain way, rather than accept them as they are, love them, and hope that through divine providence, they come to those same conclusions by themselves. An exclusive church is a bad church.

The way it should be. It doesn't show a lot of faith in people to mandate that they think a certain way, rather than accept them as they are, love them, and hope that through divine providence, they come to those same conclusions by themselves. An exclusive church is a bad church.

I can't believe Burke won't let this go. The guy has an ego the size of uzbekistan. Also can anyone imagine Burke holding communion in front of Majeus screaming, "You will never getz thiz" borat style.

I can't believe Burke won't let this go. The guy has an ego the size of uzbekistan. Also can anyone imagine Burke holding communion in front of Majeus screaming, "You will never getz thiz" borat style.

Uzbekistan is kind of small. Kazakhstan is much, much larger- and a more appropriate metaphor for Torquemada's, I mean, Burke's ego.

Pistol, maybe Burke and Majerus can have a nice debate before Larry the Cable Guy performs.

Actually, a round table discussion with all three (and Biondi for good measure) is one of the only ways I would actually see Larry the Cable Guy perform.

Uzbekistan is kind of small. Kazakhstan is much, much larger- and a more appropriate metaphor for Torquemada's, I mean, Burke's ego.

I was thinking the same thing about wrong sized country.

I have no problem with AB Burke pointing out that Majerus is on the wrong side of the issue from a Catholic belief, this is sort one of the many jobs of the AB. I do think there is a difference between Majerus' opinion on the subject and a politician's opinion. The politician is in a position on influence people as well as make policy decisions or votes on these issues. The politicians are the ones AB Burke has threaten with excommunication. Majerus is just a well known coach, while he can certainly state his opinion, I would hope his opinion has little influence over other people's decisions on these issues. I don't see how anyone would value Majerus' opinion on abortion any more that I would value another celebrity's opinion on this issue. The local media asked the question because he is a celebrity not because he is a spokesman for SLU. Should be a dead issue, but I would guess it will be hanging around for a while yet.