Billikens.com makes the front page of CBSsportsline's basketball section

SShoe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that we have relatives of players, recruits etc. that come on this board and post and give us inside information from time to time but something like this was inevitable. If I remember correctly, Tom Frerichs dad and Brehms were close to crossing the line a few years ago during the awful season and its got to be hard for family to read negative things about their kids. But, at the end of the day everyone has to realize that the internet is a permanent marker of all your thoughts so be extra careful about anything you post if you are important enough for anyone to care.

well the good news is that nationally known writer gary parrish just "pubbed" our net community.

That's about the only good thing to come out of this mess. Parrish pretty much called TDell a liar and used his real name. I wonder who called him and put him on to it? Wonder if he's friends with BM? He as much said he didn't know this board existed prior to this fiasco. None of this is good to my way of thinking. To any player's parents browsing the board, this is a relatively mild mannered place compared to other fan boards, but you still have to look at it like you're walking into a sports bar and hearing some drunk call your kid a stiff and wondering why he starts.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks TDELL crossed the line. It is also good to see that I am not alone in thinking TDELL was telling a fib about not leaving the message. This could be very harmful to the bills. We all know recruits and their parents read the board. I think TDELL needs to be stopped from posting. Tommy will be able to play at the next level and RM is preparing him for that. RM is trying to build a winning program and develop players skills, not get TL 30 points a night. If RM didn't think highly of TL, he wouldn't be so hard on him. TDELL needs to wake up to this and realize that in the long run his son will be a better player for playing under RM.

The best thing for us to do is forget this ever happened.

I love how yesterday everyone was so quick to rip BM. I was the only one who thought TDELL was in the wrong and that he was lying. A member of the national media agrees with me and everyone is giddy that the board got some attention, but still no one is willing to admit TDELL is wrong. "The best thing for us is to forget this ever happened" The best thing is to apologize to BM and let TDELL know this won't be tolerated. If you want BM to write positive things about the program, you need him to know we aren't a bunch of crazies ready to lynch him when one of our own is in the wrong. With all respect to MR. Liddell, I would rather he be mad at us than BM. I also don't want to be the joke of the national media just to spare Mr. Liddell's feelings. Mr. Liddell I wish the best for you and your son. I am a big fan and am glad he is a Billiken. I am also glad you talked some sence in him when he wanted to go to UNLV. The best thing is for Mr. Liddell and the BM bashers to apologize. Then we can forget it and move on.

I love how yesterday everyone was so quick to rip BM. I was the only one who thought TDELL was in the wrong and that he was lying. A member of the national media agrees with me and everyone is giddy that the board got some attention, but still no one is willing to admit TDELL is wrong. "The best thing for us is to forget this ever happened" The best thing is to apologize to BM and let TDELL know this won't be tolerated. If you want BM to write positive things about the program, you need him to know we aren't a bunch of crazies ready to lynch him when one of our own is in the wrong. With all respect to MR. Liddell, I would rather he be mad at us than BM. I also don't want to be the joke of the national media just to spare Mr. Liddell's feelings. Mr. Liddell I wish the best for you and your son. I am a big fan and am glad he is a Billiken. I am also glad you talked some sence in him when he wanted to go to UNLV. The best thing is for Mr. Liddell and the BM bashers to apologize. Then we can forget it and move on.

you are about the biggest ........

nevermind.

again, mr liddell loves his son. his son wasnt getting to play as much and was obviously being kept out of the finishing aspect of the offense. i refuse to blame a parent for loving their son more than the son's basketball team which is what you want to happen first and foremost. now many may not say it in an open forum such as billikens.com, but i would bet most parents would have reacted and felt the same way as mr liddell did when he made the original post in question.

as to tdell's most recent post. so what. who cares if a friend or he made the original post.

and who cares who bashed bernie.

if you are so worried about taking responsibility, why dont you post your real identity instead of talking as "hoophead". it is easy to point fingers when you get to remain anonomous while mr liddell is well known. all the likes of you have done is take away a wonderful voice for the board that was able to give insight and vision of the team and his son that we likely wont get now.

LET IT DIE PLEASE.

Why would anyone here apologize to Bernie? I've stayed out of it, but Bernie easily could have said a poster who has identified himself as Tommie's father .....

Who cares what a Nat'l media guy writes. He's probably right, so what. Either way Bernie wrote it as if he knew for a fact the Tommie's dad wrote it ... and he didn't.

I see no reason why family members shouldn't read the board ... just understand what they are reading, a bunch of fans opinions. It should be obvious that if you write something like that, word will get out and can't do any good. I'm sure if Tommie's Dad did actually write it, he knows he should have used more discretion. I'm also sure that it is possible that a relative was reading the board and saw the comments and knew Tdell posted so they asked what his password was and wrote it on their own. Who really knows. It does seem that it didn't bother RM though ... he's been around. He said himself almost every player who has played for him has probably felt like quitting at least once in their time under him. Tommie started Sat and played his best game ... RM complimented his defense afterward. Looks to me like Tommie is beginning to understand what RM wants and should continue to play well. And really, that's all that matters.

TDELL's follow-up statement has nothing to do with the (in)action that BM took in verifying TDELL's original statement.

Why would anyone here apologize to Bernie? I've stayed out of it, but Bernie easily could have said a poster who has identified himself as Tommie's father .....

Who cares what a Nat'l media guy writes. He's probably right, so what. Either way Bernie wrote it as if he knew for a fact the Tommie's dad wrote it ... and he didn't.

I see no reason why family members shouldn't read the board ... just understand what they are reading, a bunch of fans opinions. It should be obvious that if you write something like that, word will get out and can't do any good. I'm sure if Tommie's Dad did actually write it, he knows he should have used more discretion. I'm also sure that it is possible that a relative was reading the board and saw the comments and knew Tdell posted so they asked what his password was and wrote it on their own. Who really knows. It does seem that it didn't bother RM though ... he's been around. He said himself almost every player who has played for him has probably felt like quitting at least once in their time under him. Tommie started Sat and played his best game ... RM complimented his defense afterward. Looks to me like Tommie is beginning to understand what RM wants and should continue to play well. And really, that's all that matters.

Ditto.

I'm sure that aside from the fact that people keep bringing up this "controversy" and the resultant hubbub, the 3 most important people in this whole "controversy" are completely happy right now. Majerus is happy because his (co-) star player had his best game of the season on both sides of the ball during a WIN on Saturday. Tommie is happy because he's got the monkey off his back, for the time being at least. And Tommie Liddell Jr. is happy because his son was once again the star, and got the best looks he's ever gotten in a game against Pacific. Aside from running the plays the way he was supposed to, and hitting the shots, of course, those points were practically given to Tommie. Not taking anything away from the performance, when he got open looks, he drained them, but those were shots he would have never have gotten in Soderberg's offense. Yes, he has the ability to create his own scoring opportunities, but everybody can now see that he doesn't HAVE to do that to score anymore. Hopefully he can now save that playmaking for when the offense breaks down and everyone is looking to him to do something.

Everybody who should be happy is happy. I don't care if Bernie, hoophead, this whole board and the whole western world is still frothing at the mouth over this non-issue. We are 5-2, Majerus, the team and Tommie had a good win last game, and all is well in Billikenland. The population is a bit low, but I'm not worried about that either.

This is the last I'll comment on this situation, let's watch some hoops.

head.

What exaclty are you looking for, dude? Not many people on here want to bash a family member of our best player and somebody who has been a great contributor to the board. Before this TDELL has contributed lots of insightful information for the board. He f'ed up. I'm sure he knows. I'm also sure we probably won't be hearing much more from him...which is unfortunate. Let it go. It was a mistake all the way around and I haven't found anybody that disagrees. Nobody owes you an apology and if an apology occurs to Bernie, it certianly doesn't need to happen on Billikens.com.

you are about the biggest ........

nevermind.

again, mr liddell loves his son. his son wasnt getting to play as much and was obviously being kept out of the finishing aspect of the offense. i refuse to blame a parent for loving their son more than the son's basketball team which is what you want to happen first and foremost. now many may not say it in an open forum such as billikens.com, but i would bet most parents would have reacted and felt the same way as mr liddell did when he made the original post in question.

as to tdell's most recent post. so what. who cares if a friend or he made the original post.

and who cares who bashed bernie.

if you are so worried about taking responsibility, why dont you post your real identity instead of talking as "hoophead". it is easy to point fingers when you get to remain anonomous while mr liddell is well known. all the likes of you have done is take away a wonderful voice for the board that was able to give insight and vision of the team and his son that we likely wont get now.

LET IT DIE PLEASE.

I am the biggest what? Voice of reason. Do you get mad when teachers push your kids to do better? Would you rather TL score 40 points a night then spend the rest of his life drinking 40's on the east side telling everyone what a great player he was or have some tough gut check moments and make millions in the NBA? I can understand Mr Liddell's frustration and love for his son, but when you are wrong you need to admit it. Then you can move on. That is a great lesson for his son. Not that because you are special you never have to admit your faults and say you are sorry.

I hear you guys ***** about the post giving the bills a bum rap. Why would you add to it by pissing off one of their biggest writers?

You claim to be a big fan of the program, but letting this slide hurts the program. Let's be men about it. Admit when we are wrong. Give respect and respect will come to us.

I hope TDELL doesn't go away. I hope he is a man and apologizes then continues to give us the great insight and vision he has in the past.

GO BILLS

Ditto.

I'm sure that aside from the fact that people keep bringing up this "controversy" and the resultant hubbub, the 3 most important people in this whole "controversy" are completely happy right now. Majerus is happy because his (co-) star player had his best game of the season on both sides of the ball during a WIN on Saturday. Tommie is happy because he's got the monkey off his back, for the time being at least. And Tommie Liddell Jr. is happy because his son was once again the star, and got the best looks he's ever gotten in a game against Pacific. Aside from running the plays the way he was supposed to, and hitting the shots, of course, those points were practically given to Tommie. Not taking anything away from the performance, when he got open looks, he drained them, but those were shots he would have never have gotten in Soderberg's offense. Yes, he has the ability to create his own scoring opportunities, but everybody can now see that he doesn't HAVE to do that to score anymore. Hopefully he can now save that playmaking for when the offense breaks down and everyone is looking to him to do something.

Everybody who should be happy is happy. I don't care if Bernie, hoophead, this whole board and the whole western world is still frothing at the mouth over this non-issue. We are 5-2, Majerus, the team and Tommie had a good win last game, and all is well in Billikenland. The population is a bit low, but I'm not worried about that either.

This is the last I'll comment on this situation, let's watch some hoops.

head.

So, we agree TDELL's comments were wrong. I would like for Bernie and the rest of the media to be friends of the program. It can only help to have positive things reported about us.

What exaclty are you looking for, dude? Not many people on here want to bash a family member of our best player and somebody who has been a great contributor to the board. Before this TDELL has contributed lots of insightful information for the board. He f'ed up. I'm sure he knows. I'm also sure we probably won't be hearing much more from him...which is unfortunate. Let it go. It was a mistake all the way around and I haven't found anybody that disagrees. Nobody owes you an apology and if an apology occurs to Bernie, it certianly doesn't need to happen on Billikens.com.

What I want is to not get even less positive media coverage than we already do. I am not bashing TDELL. If it comes off that way I apologize. I want him to keep posting. Just admit when you are wrong and don't make up a story to cover it up. No one owes me an apology. If you are tough enough to bash BM on this sight why can't you man up and apologize to him on this board. That was not directed at TDELL. He owes BM nothing. The BM bashers on this board should man up for the benefit of the program.

What exactly do I want? I want people to not piss off the media, admit when they are wrong, give RM a chance, a billiken national title, a tiger win Saturday, to win the powerball, peace on earth and an end to the war in Iraq.

I didn't figure you would be able to conceptually separate the two (the two - BM's verificaiton and TDELL's follow-up statement). It's ok.

You believe TDELL to be Tommie's. I believe it and BM has talked to people that believe it. What more verification do you want? Does he have to go to his house and watch him type the post? Should he get a blood test to prove he is his dad before that? How many of us have varification of who are fathers are?

This is awful for the board. My hope is that Tdell continues to supply inside information, but in all reality, those days are over. Tdell, if you're out there, perhaps with a little bit more care you can continue to supply the board with objective information about Tommie and the team. If not, we all understand why, and we'll miss your posts.