Abbreviations/Player Initials

big al

I think it would be helpful if everyone used the player's last name instead of just the initials...This is especially true for new board members and for new players at the beginning of the year...Thank you.

I agree with you and have practiced that. In fact, I try to take the journalist approach and use both first and last name on first reference and last name thereafter. However, I don't think you can expect most posters, who are trying to quickly make a point so they can get back to pretending to work while their supervisor is watching, will adhere to such a rule. Get used to it.

I agree with you and have practiced that. In fact, I try to take the journalist approach and use both first and last name on first reference and last name thereafter. However, I don't think you can expect most posters, who are trying to quickly make a point so they can get back to pretending to work while their supervisor is watching, will adhere to such a rule. Get used to it.

I'm a fan of the initials because 1) it is so much quicker and 2) the spelling police will jump all over you if you mis-spell a players name.

Deal with it BA.

To clear up some confusion could we please refer to each poster by their poster #. I am 100,052 which is 14 less than BoxandWon who is 100,066 which means that I am more of a fan, I think.

I think it would be helpful if everyone used the player's last name instead of just the initials...This is especially true for new board members and for new players at the beginning of the year...Thank you.

Any word on that new recruit, FU? I'm sorry. It's Carrie Underwood's cousin, Fairy Underwood. Hear he's a real gamer. :lol:

To clear up some confusion could we please refer to each poster by their poster #. I am 100,052 which is 14 less than BoxandWon who is 100,066 which means that I am more of a fan, I think.

We apparently joined on the same day - odd. I still have pin number over you.

i agree with big al. we should use last names. a lot of times i am working on multiple tasks and my brain struggles with remembering all the players on a roster and figuring principal payments on a $400,000 loan at the same time.

i agree with big al. we should use last names. a lot of times i am working on multiple tasks and my brain struggles with remembering all the players on a roster and figuring principal payments on a $400,000 loan at the same time.

Roy, if the price is right, I'll make you some handy dandy excel apps that will take the legwork out of that remedial amortization song and dance... :lol: Then you'll be so tuned in to bills.com we'll be able to refer to players by every other letter of their middle names.

You are actually writing loans these days? Amazing. I'll vote for the initials.

I was thinking the same thing. Are houses still being sold? I was driving around yesterday and was amazed at the amount of houses for sale. Definitely a "buyers market". Wouldn't want to be a seller right now.....

Roy, if the price is right, I'll make you some handy dandy excel apps that will take the legwork out of that remedial amortization song and dance... :lol: Then you'll be so tuned in to bills.com we'll be able to refer to players by every other letter of their middle names.

i use my hp17bII to figure, but the point is i still have my mind in multiple places. that said, my input to billikens.com has voluntarily been reduced. so not as big of a conflict anymore.

I was thinking the same thing. Are houses still being sold? I was driving around yesterday and was amazed at the amount of houses for sale. Definitely a "buyers market". Wouldn't want to be a seller right now.....

the good news in the current mortgage/housing crunch is that a lot of people that had no business being in our business are fast disappearing and hopefully us old timers with ethics will be the few remaining when all is said and done.

the bad news is that imo we havent even come close to the bottom yet. just wait until all the forclosures hit the market for resale. talk about plunging prices and a glut of houses for sale. i am predicting at least the summer of 09 and maybe 10 before this fixes and turns in the right direction. meanwhile it indeed is a great time to be a first time homebuyer.

the good news in the current mortgage/housing crunch is that a lot of people that had no business being in our business are fast disappearing and hopefully us old timers with ethics will be the few remaining when all is said and done.

the bad news is that imo we havent even come close to the bottom yet. just wait until all the forclosures hit the market for resale. talk about plunging prices and a glut of houses for sale. i am predicting at least the summer of 09 and maybe 10 before this fixes and turns in the right direction. meanwhile it indeed is a great time to be a first time homebuyer.

You are right about not seeing the bottom yet. Things are in motion though. Look at Merrill's CEO O'neal taking the fall yesterday. Although, getting $160 Million wouldn't be too bad for a severance package. I wouldn't call Merrill a new comer but who knows if any business really has ethics!

You are right about not seeing the bottom yet. Things are in motion though. Look at Merrill's CEO O'neal taking the fall yesterday. Although, getting $160 Million wouldn't be too bad for a severance package. I wouldn't call Merrill a new comer but who knows if any business really has ethics!

the things that are yet to come likely cant be avoided or cured by firing some ceo. think of this scenario. look at all those subdivisions that are unfinished (look like a sewer pipe farm) there are millions of dollars already borrowed to develop those subdivisions to plat lots, survey, dirt work, sewer and water lines laid, electrical and cable lines out, streets poured, etc. banks dont want to be spec home builders. but if the developer cant do it, the banks will get the subdivison back. then what? they will unload asap to break even. that means all the "national builders" that build homes with a chain saw and cheap "craftsmen" will finish those subdivisions and flood the market with crap. guess what that does to prices.

or think about all the spec homes that subdivisions have out there. someone has to buy them or else. same theory. the price will begin to fall and the market will have to retract to keep up.

or think about all those sub prime mortgages you keep hearing about that are defaulting. forclosures yet to come. bankers are going to put them on the market for below true price as well.

now couple all this supply with the fact that the number of buyer's has been cut because of the sub prime rules being drastically changed whereby not just anyone can get a mortgage anymore (they never should have been able to in the first place but that is another debate). this is not going to be a quick correction.

the one thing that could happen that would help a lot is if congress allows fha to reorganize their rules to the point that it becomes much easier to get an fha loan. that could help lessen the blow of the sub prime market diminishing. but apparently our law makers cant agree on anything. surprise.

the things that are yet to come likely cant be avoided or cured by firing some ceo. think of this scenario. look at all those subdivisions that are unfinished (look like a sewer pipe farm) there are millions of dollars already borrowed to develop those subdivisions to plat lots, survey, dirt work, sewer and water lines laid, electrical and cable lines out, streets poured, etc. banks dont want to be spec home builders. but if the developer cant do it, the banks will get the subdivison back. then what? they will unload asap to break even. that means all the "national builders" that build homes with a chain saw and cheap "craftsmen" will finish those subdivisions and flood the market with crap. guess what that does to prices.

or think about all the spec homes that subdivisions have out there. someone has to buy them or else. same theory. the price will begin to fall and the market will have to retract to keep up.

or think about all those sub prime mortgages you keep hearing about that are defaulting. forclosures yet to come. bankers are going to put them on the market for below true price as well.

now couple all this supply with the fact that the number of buyer's has been cut because of the sub prime rules being drastically changed whereby not just anyone can get a mortgage anymore (they never should have been able to in the first place but that is another debate). this is not going to be a quick correction.

the one thing that could happen that would help a lot is if congress allows fha to reorganize their rules to the point that it becomes much easier to get an fha loan. that could help lessen the blow of the sub prime market diminishing. but apparently our law makers cant agree on anything. surprise.

So how'd you like that interest rate drop roy?

So how'd you like that interest rate drop roy?

this may be hard to understand, but the fed overnite rate really has little to do with mortgage rates. in fact, mortgage rates went up about 1/4% right after the fed dropped their rate.

the fed rate drives credit cards, car rates, personal loans, commercial lending etc. all drive the stock market and the economy.

mortgages are backed by long term bonds. thus investors that would have invested in bonds, now see the stock market as a better investment with the over night fed drop. thus the bond market has to go up to attract those buyers. bond rates go up and mortgage rates go up.

the main thing the fed rate does is stimulate the economy and encourage people to spend.