Old MCC Foe Visiting

Titan M

Well the season is around the corner, and there are a few of us that will be making the road trip to SLU to see our old MCC friends... MANY of us are jealous that the Titans never made the jump from the MCC to either the A10 or CUSA...

Appreciate any hotel suggestions, places to eat before the game...

Thought you might like to see our fan website... Yours is very well done!!

http://www.detroittitanhoops.com

Any speculation on a starting lineup for UDM for the coming year? Do you have anyone to replace Ryvan Coville in the middle and is Coville playing in Europe? I look forward to seeing Brandon Cotton play. I remember he was a Parade All Amercian coming out of high school. Too bad he had the terrible accident. His match up with Lisch or Lidell - all lefties -should be a great show. Good luck wit h the coming season - except for the the SLU game.

Well the season is around the corner, and there are a few of us that will be making the road trip to SLU to see our old MCC friends... MANY of us are jealous that the Titans never made the jump from the MCC to either the A10 or CUSA...

When I am in town to see a Billiken game, I always stay at the Hampton Inn. It is across the street from Union Station (about 2-3 short city blocks from the Scott Trade Center-where the Bills play). It is also about a 1/2 hour walk to SLU's main campus.

Another plus of staying at the Hampton is (if you don't want to drive around), as I mentioned, Union Station is across the street and has several restaurants.

I'm a big fan of the "Pope's Poll" on your web site. Hopefully, we'll improve our standing this year!

I'd like to play old MCC teams like Detroit and Loyola every year.

Would also like to play them. As I see it, we basically replaced Loyola with DePaul (Chicago) and Xavier/Dayton with Cincy (Cincinati) and Detroit with Marquette. If DePaul and Marquette won't play us, and I no longer care about the Bearcats especially with us playing both X and UD, then I say bring on Detroit and Loyola.

The closest hotel is the Sheraton, caddycorner to the ScotTrade Center. If you want to spend a little more the Westin is also close. About 4 or 5 blocks away.

Hampton Inn and Marriott, Drury all on Market and close by; the Hilton and Westin are pricier but near baseball stadium and walking distance for the Scott Trad Center- you will hopefully be surprised by our warmer winter climate-mostly a jacket season but check out the 7 day forecast

Schlafly's tap room is near Union Station if you want beer samplers, fish sandwiches, and a toffe sticky pudding you won't forget

Squires in the Lafayette Square historic distric-houses from the post war era-afraid like the south that is the Civil War 1860's-have fresh fish daily, new cusine, and great burgers

Lafayette Square has 3 better B & B's to stay in, Arcelia's Mexican, Vin de Set on Chouteau for skyline view as does Harry's on Market, and in good weather we walk home from the

games just go across the 18th street bridge at Union Station south to Chouteau; on Chouteau is the Gast Haus if beer and German food does it for you and you are 6 blocks from

Scott Trade

Hampton Inn and Marriott, Drury all on Market and close by; the Hilton and Westin are pricier but near baseball stadium and walking distance for the Scott Trad Center- you will hopefully be surprised by our warmer winter climate-mostly a jacket season but check out the 7 day forecast

Schlafly's tap room is near Union Station if you want beer samplers, fish sandwiches, and a toffe sticky pudding you won't forget

Squires in the Lafayette Square historic distric-houses from the post war era-afraid like the south that is the Civil War 1860's-have fresh fish daily, new cusine, and great burgers

Lafayette Square has 3 better B & B's to stay in, Arcelia's Mexican, Vin de Set on Chouteau for skyline view as does Harry's on Market, and in good weather we walk home from the

games just go across the 18th street bridge at Union Station south to Chouteau; on Chouteau is the Gast Haus if beer and German food does it for you and you are 6 blocks from

Scott Trade

Thanks for the suggestions :lol:

Coville went for the $$ and went to Italy from what we heard... He was asked to go to the NBDL, but after coming off a knee surgery he decided to take the bigger $$ instead... We told him, IF he plays great they can always buy you out of the contract...

Cotton has played great when healthy... We are expecting slightly better than a .500 type year... The Serbian kid on the team has ties back to Darko, which is one of the only good things to come out of the 1st round Piston draft choice...

Glad you like the Pope's poll :) We update that every couple weeks during the season.

From time to time on our board we have talked about how great it would be to form an All Jesuit/Catholic league... Or to have a rotating All Jesuit X-mas tournmanet... Would make sense to have it in St. Louis (central and new stadium)... Gather all / most or rotate the Jesuit schools from around the country to have three / four days worth of games... Would be great exposure for the programs and would bring fellow Jesuit schools together to share ideas, ect.

Sort of had the all catholic league in the early days of the MCC... Since our relatively new President has come in from Creighton we have had a Jesuit foe on the schedule besides Loyola each year...

Looking forward to St. Louis :)