Tough 3 game trip

Basketbill

Reggie seems to be afraid to pull the trigger outside the arc and it has been contagious, Sloan shot like reggie as did Fish. At time it seemed everyone was looking for someone else to shoot. We did not get many favorable calls or bounces but we have to win these kind of games. Lets hope we get well at home....

I think you have it backwards ... Besides Reggie no one else can or will take the shot ... so he gets held bumped and shoved around off the ball all game. Then when he gets the ball he has the opponents best defender on him and has to work for his own shot. He rarely gets an open look created by a pass or a drive and a kick out.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I see reggie rarely pull up from three, he seems to be thinking about it rather than just shooting, he drives first now....and more so this game was looking to dish in the paint. I realize he is tired getting held all game, and I am not dissing his effort it is there, but he is working through a slump, and seems to be forcing things. In earlier games when he was cold it did not effect what shots he took, he would come back in the second half and light it up. Perhaps he just needs some familiar rims, and background to the basket.

I agree other players need to step up and in this game they did not...Memphis had something to do about that though.

It is very hard to launch a 3 with someone on you like glue ... he has to create space ... the way to do that is to drive and make your defender back off of you as he is afraid of your drive. He never gets an open look off a pass. I agree with the statement about IO. He is finally receiving the ball about 8-10 feet out ... he is much more effective from that distance. To far underneath he seems to get pushed around and doesn't finish strong at the hole. Farther out and he turns the ball over trying to drive. IO needs to take 1 or 2 of those long strides and beat his man with quickness ... I think he has been doing a very good job of late ... with more minutes he will be a very strong asset.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman