Forum Questions

Admin

(Note, I split and merged a few threads to make this one. The moderation capabilities of this forum rock!)

The biggest feature sacrafice going to the new board is we lost the threaded view.

Within posts, you can get it to an extent.

After you are logged in, open a post.

On the right, there should be an "Options" button. Select "Outline"

The main forum will not be threaded, but when you open a post, there will be the threaded display.

I apologize we couldn't retain a more classic threaded view, but the options for threaded views were extremely limitted.

Steve

The biggest feature sacrafice going to the new board is we lost the threaded view.

Within posts, you can get it to an extent.

After you are logged in, open a post.

On the right, there should be an "Options" button. Select "Outline"

The main forum will not be threaded, but when you open a post, there will be the threaded display.

I apologize we couldn't retain a more classic threaded view, but the options for threaded views were extremely limitted.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Is there any way to do a "view all" like on the old board?

Hey Steve,

Is there any way to do a "view all" like on the old board?

The standard view is very close to the "view all". The posts are no longer indented / sorted by replies. But in replying, I think the best thing to do is us the reply with quotes.

The standard view is very close to the "view all". The posts are no longer indented / sorted by replies. But in replying, I think the best thing to do is us the reply with quotes.

Thanks.

Before I logged in, it made me hit each individual post to read it, kind of like tigerboard.

definately a cool set up......

If you click the little orange/white square to the left of the post title, it will take you to your last unread post. This feature is immensely handy in our post-threaded era.

i too like the little orange and white square. i think it might help keep everyone on the same frame of mind if when posting you quote the thought you are responding to if need be. that way even though your post is at the bottom of the thread at that point but you are responding to a post far up the ladder, readers will have an idea what you are debating.

i too like the little orange and white square. i think it might help keep everyone on the same frame of mind if when posting you quote the thought you are responding to if need be. that way even though your post is at the bottom of the thread at that point but you are responding to a post far up the ladder, readers will have an idea what you are debating.

But Roy, you so rarely debate on message boards I fail to see why you care. :)

sorry, for the bump

can someone in admin say what the freshman, sophomore designation is all about?

also, I see all of these boxes are going to get features such as royal blue text?

I still don't see a spell checker; which I have become dependent upon.

thanks.

sorry, for the bump

can someone in admin say what the freshman, sophomore designation is all about?

also, I see all of these boxes are going to get features such as royal blue text?

I still don't see a spell checker; which I have become dependent upon.

thanks.

The Freshman, Sophomore, etc designation is determined by your post count. I just created some arbitrary levels for different post counts.

Little confused by what you are talking about regarding the boxes, and royal blue text. If you could clarify, it would be appreciated.

I do not believe that this forum software provides a spell checker. What I can recommend is for you to download Firefox at GetFirefox.com. From there, you can install "extensions." They have things such as an Ad-Blocker and spell checker. I use both, and it is very handy.

on my older machines I use Internet explorer and the boxes don't show up.

on my newer machines using safari there are all kinds of text, font, and color

options that don't seem to work or not enabled on your board; firefox is not

an option for either of my software setups, but thanks it's not essential to my

use.

I was viewing the message board with Safari and it shows all kinds of options for text, fonts, and colors, but evidently they are not enabled with your system and when I got home to the old machine using internet explorer they don't even show up; it is not essential to my use so never mind,

Thanks

I was viewing the message board with Safari and it shows all kinds of options for text, fonts, and colors, but evidently they are not enabled with your system and when I got home to the old machine using internet explorer they don't even show up; it is not essential to my use so never mind,

Thanks

Sadly, I am unsure of how to make sure the editing boxes show up unless you upgrade your browser. If you encounter substantial problems, perhaps you can try the "Low-Fi" version of the board (scroll to the bottom and Click "Lo-Fi Version"

Sorry I am not of more help. :(

bum i assume you are clicking on the little orange box instead of the title of the thread.

if you click on the orange box, it always goes to the unread portion of the thread. if you click on the title of the thread it always goes to the first post.

at least that is how it has worked for me thus far and i have never set any settings. i.e. default settings.

Roy,

I've been playing alittle with the board and the problem of going to the last post of the thread is occuring with I click on the thread title on the "home" page even when I'm logged in.

When I get to the message board and click on the thread title it is now taking me to the first post if I'm logged in.

If not logged in, it's taking me to the last post of the thread.

BB593

Looking further down the threads, I found that Steve is conducting a poll on this very item. Guess he's the one that has to set it for the board.

I will poke around tonight. Just let me get everything clear.

From the home page, when logged in, links take you to last post.

From message board page, thread titles take you to the first post.

From message board page, when not logged in, thread titles take you to the last post.

Are these correct?

The first two make sense (and I can change it). The third I am a little confused by. When I log out, and then click the thread title, I still go to the first post.

Steve,

I played around some more with the board. First 2 are the same, but with #3 (when not logged in) I go to the first post of the thread. So #3 can be written off the to-do list.

So I guess the problem "child" is coming from the home page, clicking on a thread and going to the last post of a thread.

Steve,

I played around some more with the board. First 2 are the same, but with #3 (when not logged in) I go to the first post of the thread. So #3 can be written off the to-do list.

So I guess the problem "child" is coming from the home page, clicking on a thread and going to the last post of a thread.

I bet I can fix that tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• 3 weeks later...