Brian Conklin

STLfan

Haven't seen this name mentioned but rivals now shows a scholarship offer by SLU. Other offers are Oregon State, Lehigh, Boise State, and Montana.

Power forward

Eugene (OR) North Eugene

Ht: 6-foot-8

Wt: 220 lbs

Class: 2008 (High School)

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/P...KLIN4_20200.JPG

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/P...KLIN3_13200.JPG

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...=60566#colleges

I see it lists us. Is it in the article where it says he has "an offer?" Once again, and correct me if this is wrong, but these pages are populated with information provided by the recruit and those around him, right? Coaches, parents, friends? It is suspect at best without school confirmaton, right?

Nate? Is that how this works?

Guest BillikenReport

>I see it lists us. Is it in the article where it says he

>has "an offer?" Once again, and correct me if this is

>wrong, but these pages are populated with information

>provided by the recruit and those around him, right?

>Coaches, parents, friends? It is suspect at best without

>school confirmaton, right?

>

>Nate? Is that how this works?

Pretty much.

There are certain kids you tend to believe more than others, because of the schools they are talking about. From everything I know about SLU's recruiting at this moment and who has offers, who has visited, etc. — I'd find it hard to believe the kid has an offer right now.

But I'll look into it.

- Nate

First off, those are two different kids. Look at the hair, and the jerseys. One is a clean cut kid who plays for Portland. The other is a dirty hippie who plays for North. I'm not sure which one we've offered, but I'm hoping its the hippie

Secondly,

I know, I'm just joshin'.

I still want a badass hippie on our team. It'll be impossible to be the Gonzaga of the midwest w/out a couple of 'em. Hippies are so cool under pressure - even if they're not any good at free throws, they don't miss free throws at the end of the game, because they're so mellowed out. They just like the way the ball rolls off their fingers and the way the net sounds, man. That's if you can get them up off the floor to take their shots. Most of them just take a nap if you knock them down.

Brian Conklin, 6-8 JR C Eugene (Ore.) North Eugene, is a good-sized post who is willing to bang and play physical. We caught up with Conklin recently and he gave us a list of schools he’s heard from to date.

“Right now, the main ones are Pepperdine, Lehigh, Santa Clara, Oregon State and Penn,†said Conklin. “Oregon State has offered.â€

We asked Conklin what he’s looking for in a school.

“Definitely the academics are important,†said Conklin. “I’d like a really good business school. After that, I’m just looking for someplace that has that hometown feeling like Eugene. Someplace where there is community involvement, where everyone comes out and supports the teams.â€

Conklin said location is not a big deal to him, but early playing time could be a factor.

“I’d like to play early. Obviously, I’d have to come in and earn my time,†said Conklin. “But it would be nice if there was a place where a senior was graduating and I could play some minutes.â€

Conklin doesn’t anticipate making a decision anytime soon.

“I’ll probably take several trips after the summer,†said Conklin.

Conklin told us he has a 3.9 GPA.

>First off, those are two different kids. Look at the hair,

>and the jerseys. One is a clean cut kid who plays for

>Portland. The other is a dirty hippie who plays for North.

>I'm not sure which one we've offered, but I'm hoping its the

>hippie.

The top one is an AAU team photo, the bottom one is his HS team photo from the state finals at U of Oregon.

BTW, in the northwest, until recently every white kid who plays hoops had a shaggy Adam Morrison look.

Hahahaha, nice Widespread Panic reference, any time I want to bash hippies I just go all marble-mouthed and start talking like...

"F-ing Widespread, man... blew my mind. I was hanging upside down from that tree when Widespread came on, man, F-ing A, Widespread kicked it, man..."

Though I don't bash hippies all that much, as I pretty much am one. I just don't buy "jam bands"; they might as well be called "practice bands".

I just picture 11 Kevin Lisch type lockers and then some crazy GanjaMan w/ a locker like Cerrano's. Gets all stoned and then he and Majerus go clean out All-You-Can-Eats until the sun comes up.

he is all business about basketball.

ironically, if there was a kid with a background that could have been the prototypical "hippie kid", love would have been it. nephew of the beach boy and his father was a body guard for brian wilson at wilson's lowest point in life.

>I know, I'm just joshin'.

>

>I still want a badass hippie on our team. It'll be

>impossible to be the Gonzaga of the midwest w/out a couple

>of 'em. Hippies are so cool under pressure - even if

>they're not any good at free throws, they don't miss free

>throws at the end of the game, because they're so mellowed

>out. They just like the way the ball rolls off their

>fingers and the way the net sounds, man. That's if you can

>get them up off the floor to take their shots. Most of them

>just take a nap if you knock them down.

I was laughing my A$$ of at this comment..hehe

The hippie nature is even further personified by the fact that hippies won't even say the full names of the jam bands they like, due simply to laziness.

"Widespread, String Cheese, Yonder and G-Mule were there, man! It was so bitchin', man, you shoulda seen it, man..."