Recruit preference question...

Ok, for those of you who know the Stl/Ill recruiting scene, I have a question for you. It's obvious that everyone would love for Suggs to be a Billiken, but who would be next on your list between John, Roth, and Perry? Obviously they're all solid players, but what would be your order of preference between the three?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless his HS GPA is really poor, I think it is too early to consider any senior-to-be as an academic risk. He probably hasn't taken any college entrance tests yet.

My order would be:

JP

MR

FJ

If we get SS and/or JP, along with the 2 recruits this year (MR & AM), I think we have enough slasher/scorer types and could really use a strong threat from beyond the arc to help open it up for the slashers.

Guest BillikenReport

The likely order of those recruits, based on several people I've talked to, is:

1. Femi John

2. Matt Roth

3. Jesse Perry

- Nate

Guest BillikenReport

>Nate, is that the order of preference of Majerus or the

>order you expect them to commit?

That's the order I would expect them to commit.

I've heard all three really like SLU.

Maybe all three end up at SLU, but that would likely mean no Scott Suggs.

- Nate

nate said,

"Maybe all three end up at SLU, but that would likely mean no Scott Suggs."

or maybe it means eckerle is a one year deal.

If Eckerle is a one year deal, will they have enough scholarships for Suggs, John, Perry, and Roth? I was thinking we still only had 3 schollies left if Eckerle was a 1 year deal?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Actually, if all three commit, that would give us 6 commits. That already assumes Paul is a 1 year only scholarship player. I would REALLY like to get an impact player in this class. Suggs seems to be the only impact player out of the group. Thompson is highly rated, but there aren't too many impact big men out there as freshman. I would be (pleasantly) suprised if he was one.

seniors - polk, brown, meyer, husak

juniors - liddell, lisch, eberhardt

sophomores - maguire, knollmeyer

freshmen - mitchell, relephorde, eckerle

that is 12.

we can have 13, so we would have 5 to offer with eckerle staying or 6 if eckerle is out.

did i miss someone?

The third offer to be pulled if two out of that group commit. Depending on how RM feels the scene looks with other recruits two offers could be pulled after one commits. I believe this maybe a first come first served situation.

so we currently have commits for thompson, reed and mitchell, so actually we currently could sign 2 more if eckerle is in and 3 more if eckerle is out.

my mistake. i got it now.

Guest BillikenReport

>Nate, if what you heard is true, then I hope JP gets it in

>gear and commits b/4 it is too late as I think he should be

># 1 of those three (plus he appears to be friends with SS).

Or SLU could try to get a 6-7 small forward somewhere else.

- Nate

Nate, that would be fine except for one thing. That 6'7" SF from somewhere else isn't friends with SS (unless he IS Scott S.)

Now, if we are not going to be able to land SS then a player comparable to JP would be great.

1. Roth

2. Perry

3. John

RM's track record says people leave. So who knows if another becomes available. We might find that if 2 of the 3 commit, the other scholarships offers are pulled. Or RM sets up a meeting with Suggs and tries to determine if he really has a chance at Scott, or maybe to apply a little pressure to get Scott to commit. RM is a very good communicator, you never know what he can get done.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I think too many people on this board worry about how many scholarship offers are out there. People do and will leave. How many years have we had when someone didn't leave? I remember a few years ago when Louisville had 17 committed players. Trust RM. He knows what he's doimg.

slu72 said, "I expect there will be departures and w/o naming names, we got a pretty good idea who they might be."

other than eckerle who apparently was told he only had a one year deal, i have no idea who might be leaving after next year besides our seniors. are you saying that our coach has a "hit list" to run off and open scholarships? i hope that isnt the case. nothing good comes from such a practice. now if a player ends up leaving or giving up on their own, that is another story, but i wouldnt think that without rick majerus coaching one second of gametime, that could possibly be assumed at this point yet?