For BrianSTL...

MUTGR

Awhile ago you asked me why I thought Mike Anderson was a good coach, or something to that effect. Well, this article sheds a little light on why I think that is so:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/149603.html

Isaac Miles got Missouri coach Mike Anderson’s bottom line, first thing.

“Do you like winning?†Miles said, quoting Anderson’s first words to him. “Do you like competing? Well, you’ve got to work hard.

“He told me straight up, ‘If you’re going to come in here, you’re going to work hard. On and off the court.’ â€

I wish we had signed a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits for '08, but you know what, I think I'll trust Mike Anderson. I hope Anderson and Majerus get together and schedule games-I'm ready to take this internet rivalry we have to the court and let the best team win.

And please, no bs about posting Mizzou stuff on this board. I don't think I've seen this much MU related posts on this board, or SLU related posts on Tigerboard, since Jimmy McKinney's recruitment.

Sounds good. It never should have left the court. The three-game series during the Romar era was fantastic and each game went down to the wire. The first game was at the Dome and was close throughout, we pulled away a bit in the final minute to win. The next year at MU, we took control in the second half and had a nice lead. All we had to do was hit a few free throws to ice it. I seem to recall Mo Jeffers clanking several. They hit a big 3 in the final minute and pulled it out. Then the next year, an overhyped Mizzou team came into our building #2 in the country. We tied it up late on the Marque Perry 3 and their kid with the wild hair threw in a shot at the buzzer to win it.

It was an excllent hard-fought non-conference series. I guess Mizzou got scared after that 3rd game. I hope they revive it. Anderson seems like a good guy and is familiar with our program from his days at UAB.

I was always impressed by Mike Anderson when he coached at UAB. I honestly have not been in the area to see or hear much from him during his time at Mizzou, but the few games I did see them play last year I saw a lot of hustle and energy that was lacking during the previous regime. Hopefully we will notice a similar change in our team when we take to the court in five months because we looked so flat and uninspired in the majority of the games I was able to attend last season. We all know the talent level of the program is going to increase over the years to come and the overall excitement Majerus has brought to the program has been amazing. I will take our coach, but Mizzou seems to have a pretty quality guy at the helm as well. Now lets bring back the game.

I'd like to see it and a whole bunch more if they don't already happen ... things like Washington/Gonzaga; Maryland/Georgetown; Boston College/UMass; Illinois/Southern Illinois; Tennessee/Memphis; Marquette/Wisconsin; and so on. Like the Louisville/Kentucky series. Ohio State could make a pretty nice non-conference schedule with the likes of Miami, Dayton, Cincinnati and Kent already in the local area.

about all of the threads on MU here or SLU on the Tigerboard is that they are circular.

For example, somebody over there posts something abut how fat Majerus is...somebody over here posts that MU fans are obsessed with SLU and links that thread...then somebody starts a new thread on the Tigerboard about how SLU fans are obsessed with MU and link to that thread. And so on.

The worst thing is that in a given thread if 90% of the posts are reasonable the other team's fans are going to focus on the 10% that are idiotic or insulting (posts from the like of "Lerxst" fit that profile on the Tigerboard for example) and then assume that all the fans feel that way.

The whole thing is pretty childish when you think about it, but we are all dorks for posting on an internet board anyway so I guess childish should be expected too.

Is what has CMA accomplished so far? I think he is a very good coach and from everything I hear a better person. I think he will end up being very succesful in time.

I was pissed off that day not so much at you, but some of the other stuf I read over on TB.

No problem. Majerus is obviously the real-deal, he's proven. Anderson still is not proven on the big stage, but I believe in Anderson. He just seems to have a certain character about him.

Like I said, both our programs have been down. I hope we man-up and play games.

I can tell you I am sick of hearing about SIUC and Illinois and MSU.

Amen to everything you just said. If I read one more of the local sports guys lament SLU's decision to go to the A10 instead of the Valley, I'm going to puke. SIU has been a great overachieving program, Illinois has had some recent success, and MSU- I don't know why they get much coverage in the St. Louis area, but I guess they're another in-state D1 school.

Point is, SLU and Mizzou are both working hard to put something special together, and both seem to realize that they should be the biggest programs in the state. This needs to be a regular series. Norm was too hard-headed to allow it, the close 3-game series made Q too nervous to continue it, but SLU's coaches have always been pushing for the series and I think Anderson has the sense to see the value in it. I know many have made the argument that what does a BCS school like Mizzou have to gain from playing a non-BCS school that isn't a buy game, but this one is win-win. We all remember the crowds from the last three games.