New update from TT

In the article on Reed on the SLU sports page online at stltoday.com TT states:

"The early commitments by Reed and Thompson are a good sign for the SLU program, as it should make it easier to attract other recruits. SLU has three more scholarships to offer the Class of 2008, which is considered to be deep in local talent."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...45?OpenDocument

Only 3 more scholarships to offer (2 now that Mitchell has committed) the class of 2008?

Just another case of Timmerman not doing his homework. Technically we have awarded a scholarship to Eckerle for the time being, but it is expected that following this season he will return to his academic scholarship and walk-on (freeing up another scholarship for the '08 class).

If you read an earlier post Tom made to his blog, he seems to think that Eckerle will have an athletic scholarship for all 4 years. He acknowledges he could go back to his academic scholarship, but seems to think it is unlikely. Therefore, that leaves us with 2 more open scholarships.

This blog post is bothering me.

"SLU doesn’t play North Carolina if not for Tyler Hansbrough"

SLU gets one or two big games a year Iowa, Gonzaga, Arizona etc.

The Majerus v. Soderberg debate is moot. It doesn't matter and you can't say that Majerus is just picking up where Soderberg left off because no one knows. What I do know is that I trust Majerus' opinion of a player who is not highly touted over Soderberg.

I get the feeling that these guy's stock will rise over the next year. Part of it could be a result of being recruited by Majerus and part of it could be a result of them being good.

What part of that bothers you? Largely its true that the top 10 programs that have come to us have been because of local players.

Ryan Robertson and Kansas

Igoudala from AZ was from Springfield IL

TH last year.

The only other top 15 program to come to the Savvis in non-conference the last 10 years was Gonzaga.

Timmerman really should do his homework on the Eckerle situation and ask the coaches or Eckerle what they think the situation is.