VTime's next thread ...

Guest BillikenReport

Guest BillikenReport

Can we start an unofficial poll for the topic of VTime's next thread about the Billikens?

Larry Hughes was good

Ian didn't have his best season as a senior

Rick Majerus knows basketball

Bryce Husak is tall

Dwayne Polk is not tall

Tommie Liddell should be a point guard

Leon Powell likes SLU

Alburey Doss is three stars!!!

- Nate

It does, and I probably disagree with V as much as anyone, but he imo he adds something to the board. Keep it up V

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Signguy is partly right though. School is out, but I'm starting summer school soon. I dont know if that will increase my posts or decrease my posts. Depends on how much work I have I guess. Nate, I will inform you of the Harris-Stowe workouts. We have some guys who play pro ball overseas and former D1 guys in pretty regularly like Philip Gilbert (Bradley/ESL), Jonathan Griffin (UMSL/Pro overseas), Mike Sutherland (SEMO) just to name a few. I'll let you know the times.

I would like V to start hyping my son. Trey Griffey... he's only 6 but I think will be a nice fit in the ......................2018 class.

If SLU don't get in on him early they will surely lose out. Maybe we could get a package deal going???

V don't you think they should offer now? He played up last year in the 1st grade St. Albans training league. He is a shoe in!!!

>I would like V to start hyping my son. Trey Griffey... he's

>only 6 but I think will be a nice fit in the

>......................2018 class.

>

>If SLU don't get in on him early they will surely lose out.

>Maybe we could get a package deal going???

>

>V don't you think they should offer now? He played up last

>year in the 1st grade St. Albans training league. He is a

>shoe in!!!

lol.

Even V-Time limits offering scholarships to 37,892 per season(all in STL area). He doesn't even need to see your kid play several times to form an opinion. Perhaps a 10 second You tube video....but he doesn't even need that.

Griffster,

I would be very surprised to see your son even garnering D-III offers at such a young age. I'm guessing the kid probably shoots from the hip and carries the ball a good amount. Even if it came down to getting Tyler in '09, I don't think we can free up an extra schollie for Trey based on what little we know about his game. Has he even faced a good press yet? I might be overspeculating, but I'm guessing little T is small enough that if you lifted him up to the rim and let him hang there he would probably just cry and ask for you to take him down. We need finishers that can play above the rim, and aren't afraid to let go of it after dunks. I also doubt very seriously that SLU is going to pony up the bucks to pay for a new pair of shoes for him ever 3 months as his feet grow. I don't mean to sound overtly critical, but I don't think we can automatically assume that Trey is going to possess the same skill set as Tyler, especially as soon as the '09-'10 season. My best advice is if he's not already on a diet that you can buy on videotape off of the television and he's not lifting regularly, you should probably start him on both. My grandma always said, "You can't teach girth" and I think we're going to see that hold true in any potential selling situation we encounter with your younger son down the road. Can you please send me Trey's home games and please edit out all the dead balls? I get really board watching film so I usually don't even watch it, even though I have a really good basketball opinion.

S$%T, lunch break's up. Good talkin' to ya.

Guest BillikenReport

>I don't think this V-bashing thread should continue, that's all.

Mil-Bill,

I wasn't trying to bash VTime, just have a little fun with him.

- Nate

that is what happens on BB college message boards during the summer.

Beside, I like Vtime's upbeat, positive approach to things. The world needs more like him.

He just needs to work on his math - you can only have 13 players on scholarship at one time.

Right on, I know... just messing around... V actually got some appreciation in there somewhere. I think he's proven on numerous occasions to have quite thick skin - I was actually glad to see his posts, I'd rather see nonsense, or even better, speculation about OUR current team than nothing at all on the board.