Who will be the next commitment?

VTIME

Actually, James' status won't affect Mitchell. The deadline for NBA draft is June 18th and James will stay in it if he is told by teams he will get drafetd. And so far, contrary to what V-Time wrote, he has been going through the process because he has been advised by NBA teams and others. He has a personal situation where he will leave if he is drafted in rounds 1 or 2.

He's 50/50 on returning to Marquette but that won't affect Mitchell. Marquette already has two other point guards for next season, Cubillian and Acker. And, James is a Soph. He will likely not stay 4 years.

And they are hard at work recruiting 08 point guards, Jordan Theodore and others, and combo guards.

Mark Miller said he believes if Marquette missed or passed on some other higher profile players, they could get Mitchell and it would depend on their interests. Mark Miller is generally very solid with his information.

Cubillan is quite talented and Acker is next in line for the point at Marquette, but Jerel McNeal is still there and handles the ball quite well. Like Courtside was saying, Marquette doesn't lack talented guards with ball-handling skills. Mitchell's playing time at Marquette wouldn't be affected much by James' decision.

>What are you saying that is contrary to what I was saying.

>If he's not first round, he should go back. Numerous

>analysts have said that on most of their mock drafts.

Let me try this one more time. You said in your post what he "should" do, based on zero 1sthand knowledge of his situation. I didn't tell the kid what he should or shouldn't do. I said what is actually happening. There's a difference.

NBA mock drafts...lol.

This is typical of MANY of your posts, you scour the internet for any and all free information, yet have none first hand. You also do not get out and see people play with any kind of great frequency, and rely on 2nd 3rd 4th hand info for the majority of your information.

But instead of saying your info isn't first hand or 2nd hand or 3rd hand....you act as if you are there all of the time and get out and see what you are talking about first hand, and that includes talking to coaches etc...

Many people who don't follow SLU hoops or recruiting, and casual come and read the the board and see your posts when the frequency of your 1st hand experiences are very very minimal.

I won't be saying what the James kid should or should do(in this one of many of your post examples), rather I'll post what he has been specifically told, what specifically is his personal situation, etc...not well, NBAdraft.net doesn't have him on some list, so analysts think this and that. I'd rather hear info 1st hand, I'd rather hear info from the people who have knowledge of what they are talking about.

And if people are super starved and hungry for info....they should know that not everyone has the most accurate information and I don't care if they work foir ESPN etc...if it isn't first hand, consider the source.

Yes we are on complete oppositie sides of this topic, like many others. And my info isn't coming from some internet site mock draft.

He'll decide by the 18th and he will be 50/50 on going or staying....and NONE of it has anything to do with some sort of mock draft. ALL of it will have to do with his personal situation, workouts, what specific NBA coaches and GM's have told him daily, and his coach.

It's also a great opportunity to make many contacts with these said people, and get free advice daily on different areas of one's game, from top people in the business.

You aren't in his situation.

Had SLU listened to your advice they would have had to offer over 100 kids, based on many you've never seen play in person, and others you saw one time somewhere, or know your cousin's neighbor's brother. And the majority of them aren't good enough,(not counting universal no brainers) and 100% of them are from the local area, because other than a You tube clip of 4 year olds, you haven't seen anyone else play across the country.

It doesn't matter whatsoever if you don't know something....all people are welcome, .....I skip many topics.

>"It doesn't matter whatsoever if you don't know

>something....all people are welcome, ....."

>

>LOL, huh. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know something,

>but you bust his chops for 5-6 paragraphs.

If you don't know something, say you don't know or skip the thread or post. V presents info in misleading fashion 90% of the time here.

BTW Toy, how did things work out for Dallas, Phoenix...etc...shocking the big man wins again in the NBA.

"If you don't know something, say you don't know or skip the thread or post."

I misunderstood your statement before. But contrary to your previous post i responded to, you decide to tell people what they "should" do. Funny.

"BTW Toy, how did things work out for Dallas, Phoenix...etc...shocking the big man wins again in the NBA."

Huh? We disagreed on taking either Oden or Durant 2-3 months ago and you bring this up. LOL. Anywho, didn't our discussion revolve around the scorer v. the center? Last time i checked, Timmy D is a power forward, not a center. Timmy D is closer to A. Stoudemire than he is to Shaq in my opinion. But hey, feel free to characterize T.D. as the classic big man.

Dallas lost to Golden State which didn't have a big man and Golden State lost to Utah because of D. Williams and Boozer.

Phoenix lost to SA which might or might not have had a classic big man.

Cleveland is getting crushed with a big man.

Miami got swept even though they had two classic big men.

Houston lost in the first round with a classic big man.

Umm..thanks for keeping me in check there courtside. LOL.

>"If you don't know something, say you don't know or skip the

>thread or post."

>

>I misunderstood your statement before. But contrary to your

>previous post i responded to, you decide to tell people what

>they "should" do. Funny.

>

>"BTW Toy, how did things work out for Dallas,

>Phoenix...etc...shocking the big man wins again in the NBA."

>

>Huh? We disagreed on taking either Oden or Durant 2-3 months

>ago and you bring this up. LOL. Anywho, didn't our

>discussion revolve around the scorer v. the center? Last

>time i checked, Timmy D is a power forward, not a center.

>Timmy D is closer to A. Stoudemire than he is to Shaq in my

>opinion. But hey, feel free to characterize T.D. as the

>classic big man.

>

>Dallas lost to Golden State which didn't have a big man and

>Golden State lost to Utah because of D. Williams and Boozer.

>

>Phoenix lost to SA which might or might not have had a

>classic big man.

>

>Cleveland is getting crushed with a big man.

>

>Miami got swept even though they had two classic big men.

>

>Houston lost in the first round with a classic big man.

>

>Umm..thanks for keeping me in check there courtside. LOL.

You keep trying to follow my posts around, and specifically only target mine in a thread, repeatedly, of course I am going to have some fun with you and how you previously disagreed that for the past 50 years most of the time, winning NBA titles corresponds to a big man. You tehn discussed Dallas and Phoenix. Duncan is a back to the basket player who can also play facing the basket, and entirely different player than AS. Cleveland does not have an NBA high quality big man.

More times than not the team who wins, has a very good one, and not a role player bigman. Who beats whom, etc...all that matters is who wins in the end....and for most of the past 50 years...that is how it works. And that is still how it works in the NBA. Dallas can win all they want in regular season and early playoff rounds etc...until they get someone better in the post, it won't matter. Of course teams need other good players too, at other positions....but gotta have a very good big most of the time to win in NBA in last 50 years.

"and how you previously disagreed that for the past 50 years most of the time, winning NBA titles corresponds to a big man."

Really? I don't remember disagreeing with that. Maybe i did, but i doubt it.

"You keep trying to follow my posts around, and specifically only target mine in a thread, repeatedly..."

LOL. Yes, i'm following you around. Stalking you, in fact. I respond to your posts because you need to be knocked off your high horse from time to time.

>>"It doesn't matter whatsoever if you don't know

>>something....all people are welcome, ....."

>>

>>LOL, huh. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know something,

>>but you bust his chops for 5-6 paragraphs.

>

>If you don't know something, say you don't know or skip the

>thread or post. V presents info in misleading fashion 90%

>of the time here.

>

>BTW Toy, how did things work out for Dallas,

>Phoenix...etc...shocking the big man wins again in the NBA.

I see more kids play some weekends then you see all year. There are maybe a handful of posters on this site, who actively go to games, see guys can truly comment on their ability objectively. And, I'm not saying that to down any area fan, yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say that I misrepresent information 90% is the extreme and egregious. I dont know if you are being sarcastic or sardonic, but I know that you are wrong. Also, Dominic James is returning to school as I said he should and here is the article.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/465...aws_from_draft/

>

>I see more kids play some weekends then you see all year.

Actually, no...you really don't.

>There are maybe a handful of posters on this site, who

>actively go to games, see guys can truly comment on their

>ability objectively. And, I'm not saying that to down any

>area fan,

Sure you are. You think you know more about local prep basketball than anyone on this board. Even though, you don't see many of the players you discuss play.

yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to

>say that I misrepresent information 90% is the extreme and

>egregious. I dont know if you are being sarcastic or

>sardonic, but I know that you are wrong.

Ok...95%

Also, Dominic

>James is returning to school as I said he should and here is

>the article.

>

>http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/465...aws_from_draft/

I actually said James was 50/50 deciding whether or not he was going pro. And I said he would string his decision out til the end, ...June 18th. He decided yesterday June 17th(today is deadline). I didn't know you were in contact with James' camp all this time. You read stuff on the internet like you always do to get your 2nd hand, 3rd hand 4th hand information. And sometimes it turns up the way you guess, and sometimes it doesn't.

This is a SLU board, how many SLU games did you attend last year? $9 tickets, and you can't say you live outside of the area. And spare me the no money and no ride, to attend a couple of games in the season. ...the way you talk about prep sports, and all the games you apparently attend, you can afford a few SLU games, right V?

How many AAU games do you see on the circuit? ...since you talk constantly of kids AAU teams and games? How many high school games do you see outside of your own neighborhood? ...since you also talk of many kids and their abilities though you don't see them play.

>

>>

>>I see more kids play some weekends then you see all year.

>

>Actually, no...you really don't.

>

>>There are maybe a handful of posters on this site, who

>>actively go to games, see guys can truly comment on their

>>ability objectively. And, I'm not saying that to down any

>>area fan,

>

>Sure you are. You think you know more about local prep

>basketball than anyone on this board. Even though, you

>don't see many of the players you discuss play.

>

> yes everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to

>>say that I misrepresent information 90% is the extreme and

>>egregious. I dont know if you are being sarcastic or

>>sardonic, but I know that you are wrong.

>

>Ok...95%

>

> Also, Dominic

>>James is returning to school as I said he should and here is

>>the article.

>>

>>http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/465...aws_from_draft/

>

>I actually said James was 50/50 deciding whether or not he

>was going pro. And I said he would string his decision out

>til the end, ...June 18th. He decided yesterday June

>17th(today is deadline). I didn't know you were in contact

>with James' camp all this time. You read stuff on the

>internet like you always do to get your 2nd hand, 3rd hand

>4th hand information. And sometimes it turns up the way you

>guess, and sometimes it doesn't.

>

>This is a SLU board, how many SLU games did you attend last

>year? $9 tickets, and you can't say you live outside of the

>area. And spare me the no money and no ride, to attend a

>couple of games in the season. ...the way you talk about

>prep sports, and all the games you apparently attend, you

>can afford a few SLU games, right V?

>

>How many AAU games do you see on the circuit? ...since you

>talk constantly of kids AAU teams and games? How many high

>school games do you see outside of your own neighborhood?

>...since you also talk of many kids and their abilities

>though you don't see them play.

I attended 3 games last year, 1 preseason (vs Harris-Stowe) and the other 2 regular season. This is the first summer in about 5 years that I havent caught a lot of AAU simply because there havent been many STL tournaments. I actually caught the Memorial Day Classic this year on internet webcast. As for prep games, I was at the Vashon-Beaumont game that Nate Latsch attended, I was at St Charles West vs Beaumont, I was Beaumont vs Gateway Tech, Normandy vs Berkeley, Normandy vs Affton, Wellston vs Cardinal Ritter, Beaumont vs Riverview, Career Academy vs G-Tech, Vashon vs Beaumont pt 2, Gateway vs Beaumont pt 2, Normandy vs Vashon, McCluer North vs Webster Groves, Vashon vs Lindbergh, the STL shootout. I could go on. And oh yeah, I caught the video of CBC vs G-Tech on prepcasts.com.