Willie Reed commits

Guest BillikenReport

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's from Missouri, I'm calling him local. We just have to agree to disagree. I want SLU to sign top in-state prospects. They just got a commitment from one. This is a silly debate. We kept a high-major PF/C from Missouri in-state, that's great.

I'm approaching it as he's from Missouri and to me that makes him local. If Brandon Rush or Alex Tyus would've committed, I would've taken it the same way, even though they left the state. Same with Jared Swopshire. I'm just happy to have Reed, and lets stay on that subject and discuss how he fits with the team. He's 6'11 and thin, but he is very athletic, loves to dunk and is skilled.

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

Let's see; IL is a totally different state, maybe 7 miles away. AR, TN, and KY are about 160 miles...totally different states. IA...hmm. Sorry V - I just couldn't let that one go by.

:+

This is a great get. Looks like he is targeting mobile big men who have a game away from the basket along with guards who can shoot. I heard Earl Austin on KFNS about an hour ago and he said he thought Eckerle was good enough to earn a starting job before he is done. Said he really likes his athleticism and he can really shoot. He also said he thought the scholarship was academic. Lets get Roth committed before the week is up.

To think there are idiots who didn't think Majerus was a good hire. I'm not eating the crow just yet, but I've been shopping for a nice thick juicy one. I feel the actual mealtime is coming quickly.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

how easy it was for Majerus to address our interior problems, something that the previous staff was unable to do, minus Voyoukas. Next year will still be rough inside with Luke still playing some inside and maybe Relphorde playing some pf, but after that you have at least 2 centers coming in that are rated pretty highly and can do some damage inside and out.

>I'd like to see Suggs in #20. Nobody has done it justics

>since Larry Hughes. Hughes doesnt even play well unless he's

>wearing.

Not a baseball fan V? I agree. Wear 51 and become a St. Louis favorite automatically.

What a great get for our inside game. It seems like forever since we had two big guys in the starting lineup that would cause match up problems for our opponents. This coaching staff predicted a great recruiting class in 2008 and they are sure making it happen. When is the last time that we had two early commitments like this? Those tickets are expensive but it looks like we could be in for some big things in Billikenland!!!

You're right, I cant remember two early commits, especially not 2 centers ranked top 30 in the country. They are making good on what Moser promised. Recruiting the big guys in the hardest. The worst is over. He hasnt won a game yet, but already won some recruiting battles. I want Suggs, I think he'll get Roth, but even if he cant this area is still loaded and there is still Perry, John, McCoy, Leverette, Tillman, Harrellson, amongst others.

Cheap shot on J. Walker. From what I have read on this Board, Brad and his staff (J. Walker) heavily recruited. While I will not give Brad and Walker credit for this signing, I also will not blame them either. Walker was on the staff for ONE year!!!

Kevin Footes transferred from UMKC before it was a D! basketball school anyone know if he was from the KC area'

my

guess he is the last true KC talent-seemed like he was 6 foot 9

and could dribble the length of the floor for fast breaks;

Grawer would immediately bench him for not pasing 3 times like in Hoosiers