Other Events at the Arena

One of the selling points of the Arena was that it could be a smaller facility downtown for those events that can't quite fill Scotttrade. The Family Arena's location sort of stinks (plus parking), so do people feel that the Fetz can be the Family Arena of Downtown?

Any thoughts?

Do you think the parking at Chaifetz will be much better?

I have parked in that Compton garage for some soccer games and getting out of there post game was a JOKE but not as bad as the fiascos at the Family Arena.

I have also had that experience in the Compton garage, so I avoid it at all cost. The basketball crowds will be tripple in size and some games are on school nights so that will make it even worse. I'm disappointed they haven't come up with or announced plans for increased parking.

Just move into the neighborhood! Yee-uh!

Didn't Majerus mention he would like to see some sort of transportation shoot-off from the Metro-Link stop to the Chaifetz? What an urbanist!

------------------------------------------------------------

*Official Billikens.com sponsor of Mike Beczkala

i was thinking about the oncoming parking scenario that we will be faced with and i cant help but remember the days in the early 90's at the old arena. parking on the surface lots were not easy to get out, and many times i would park in the neighborhood south of the arena on the streets and walk in and out faster than those waiting to get into the arena.

i was thinking that maybe something running east on market might be convienent and an easy get away.

if only biondi had been successful chasing harris stowe out of business with the carefully planned spray paint attack he could have leveled harris stowe and had plenty of parking there.

I always parked my car in forest park right across from the ped bridge that lead to FPCC rather than park in the arena. I'll come up with something simlar for the new arena as well.