Introducing BillikenReport.com

A few people on here already know about this, but I've taken over as the publisher of the Scout.com site that covers St. Louis University athletics.

The site, formerly St. Louis Insider, will now be called BillikenReport.com (though the name and logo has yet to change) and will contain both free and subscriber-only content regarding all aspects of SLU sports, including recruiting.

I'm working on several different stories right now, trying to keep up with the latest in recruiting, but I have the first story (a free story about signee Barry Eberhardt) published on the front page right now at www.saintlouis.scout.com.

I really want to make this site a great resource for Billiken fans, who don't have many options when it comes to finding news and feature stories about their favorite teams.

There are three different options for subscriptions and I will do everything in my power to make subscribers' visits to the site both enjoyable and informative. I will also provide information on the message boards that fans will not be able to get from other sources.

I also encourage any kind of feedback people have in terms of what you would like to see on the site and how I can make it better.

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the site.

- Nate

ps: from here forward, I will post on the board under the name "BillikenReport"

Guest BillikenReport

>Cool...now go track down the real scoop in the mystery

>recruits coming in Majerus' door.

I've got some scoops I'm waiting to reveal.

>How much will an annual subscription cost?

There are three options: a one-year pass for $89.95 (also includes bonus materials), a six-month pass for $49.95 and a one-month pass for $9.95.

- Nate

www.saintlouis.scout.com

Good luck with this new endeavor. We will miss your scoops on this board, which I am sure will be less frequent now that you're manning a premium content site. Maybe you can give us a few "freebies" early on to lure us in as customers. :D

One request/suggestion: For any SLU-related site that wants/needs an air of "officialness," please be dilligent about using "Saint" vs. "St.". I see that it's correct in the linked site name and on some of the sidebars but not in the article. It drives me nuts that the Post has never made an effort in this regard.

Guest BillikenReport

>One request/suggestion: For any SLU-related site that

>wants/needs an air of "officialness," please be dilligent

>about using "Saint" vs. "St.". I see that it's correct in

>the linked site name and on some of the sidebars but not in

>the article. It drives me nuts that the Post has never made

>an effort in this regard.

Good call.

The P-D has its own style guide that deals with this topic and there's nothing the writers can do about it.

I will be careful about this in the future.

- Nate

I find the following quote from that article to be rather interesting:

“He wants me and Scott Suggs,†Perry said of his friend, the Washington High standout combo guard. “They just got the big man, Brett Thompson. They want me and Scott. I’m supposed to go back up there and talk to him tomorrow before (St. Louis Eagles) practice.â€

I figured that Jesse Perry was the type of player that would be a back-up option to Suggs, as they are both around the same size. Apparently, Rick wants them both, and they seem to be friends.

Guest BillikenReport

>Hey Nate - Does a subscription give one access to the entire

>Scout.com network or just your site?

The entire network.

- Nate

Guest BillikenReport

>I figured that Jesse Perry was the type of player that would

>be a back-up option to Suggs, as they are both around the

>same size. Apparently, Rick wants them both, and they seem

>to be friends.

Perry is a 3 or a 4.

Suggs is a 1 or a 2 or a 3 (in a three-guard lineup).

Perry and Suggs are teammates on the St. Louis Eagles, so they are on the floor together quite a bit.

- Nate

I know he played pg his freshman year of high school and some of his sophomore year. He can play pg, but is a scorer, so people usually call him a 2 or 3, but he can play pg. Its not where you want him because he can fill it up and score. He's better on the wing, but can fill in at pg. Got it?

Just out of curiosity, how good is Jesse Perry? Does he have a good chance to be a solid D1 player? I've never seen him play, so I was just wondering. Thanks!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

A very good chance. He just needs to add weight. He's still adjusting to his size. He came into high school as a 6'1 pg. He's now 6'7. He's a 3 or 4 now until he works on his jumper. He's played pg most of his life unti these last couple of years, but I wont bother calling him that because I dont want to hear all the flack. He's a point forward with great vision. A pass first player. He can score, but its not his ultimate objective and thats why Kenny Harris will lead the team in scoring next year.

Guest BillikenReport

>Good work, Nate. It's exciting to have somebody like

>yourself manning the site. It has been lacking to say the

>least.

>

>Will you also be keeping up with the prospects section, i.e.

>who we've offered, who's commited, who's visited, etc....or

>just contributing the articles?

Thanks.

I'm in charge of the entire site.

One thing I can't change right now is the prospects section, because only the Scout.com recruiting analysts like Dave Telep can make those changes, but I'm working on a few more stories over the next few days about who has visited.

I think I've found out everyone, and there are a couple kids who haven't been mentioned yet.

My next story will be kind of a recap of what's been going on since Majerus took over.

- Nate

Nice job on the site. Just a quick question. How often are you going to update the site? Obviously you are only going to report when there is news but does scout.com have any guidelines saying you have to update?