Good example from one of best recruiters in the country

Mick Cronin head coach at U of Cincinnati...formerly National Recruiter of the year...with lots of success at Louisville and Cincinnati as assistant. This is part of his philosophy on recruiting.

"I'm a numbers guy," observes Cronin, "so to sign six guys, we've got to recruit probably 20. It takes almost three-and-a-half to four guys to get one recruit. And that's way down from the number you start with. So now, when you're recruiting 20 guys to get six, you've got to recruit the kid, you've got to recruit at least one family member and at least one of the coaches, high school or AAU. So now you're dealing with 60 people on a daily basis as a staff."

Interesting quote - easy to see why if it is done right that it is a full time job. Also, Brad apparently did not abide by the numbers theory this guy has since Brad would talk about recruiting 6 or so good players for the 3 schollies he had. No wonder he would come up empty handed at times.

This quote from Cronin sounds like what I hear at every sales meeting I attend. It is truly a number's game.

Hear are the four pillars that we hear now....I think that you could easily apply them to recruiting:

1) Penetrate

2) Radiate

3) Elevate

4) Dominate