John Brandenburg update

Cusumano said the same thing on his show just prior to his 10:25 am break today.

You should really give him credit since he said he talked about it on his show before you posted.

Coincidence? C'mon now. You BOTH had the exact same thought at the same time on the same day???!!!

>Cusumano said the same thing on his show just prior to his

>10:25 am break today.

>

>You should really give him credit since he said he talked

>about it on his show before you posted.

>

>Coincidence? C'mon now. You BOTH had the exact same thought

>at the same time on the same day???!!!

You don't have to believe me, but my source wasn't FC.

If you look at my previous posts, you'll see that I credit the sources of info (rivals, prepstars, etc.) when I post stuff on here.

Did FC say that Brandenburg really likes Florida, and UF is looking at him?

wow, Nate taking some flack, and I'm not sure why.....

JMO, but Brandenburg is a 6'11" kid who runs the court EXTREMELY well, very co ordinated, good footwork. He jumps well. Now, he has to get physically stronger and while his scoring is improving, it needs to continue to do so.

I think D1 coaches will put more credence in AAU events than HS games; better players around him as well as who he plays against.

I don't think he is a "project" as a high D1 player nor do I think he will immediately contribute, but with the right program in a year or so, he can be a very good player in a high major, again jmo.

If you were at Meramec in Dec., Lafayette and DeSmet played back to back. It is no coincidence that Melvin Watkins, Purdue, Wisc., and Michigan coaches just happened to be in the building (they were present for both games, as Griffster can attest,- watching closely).

He is in the top 70 or so of the Rivals rankings as with Scout.

Sorry for the long post, but this is an already highly regarded kid whose stock is rising, in part due to Kingwood, where virtually all D1 coaches had a presence, and liked what they saw in him.

>good point, Roy. Also, there's more to Brandenberg's game

>than just offense. a 7 footer with coordination and

>athleticism who is a stud shot blocker already, college

>teams will like that. Remember, you can't teach 7 feet tall.

His 2.35 bpg average doesnt blow me away. Like I said, you can teach 6'11. I still dont get it. He's not close to the player Curtis Muse was in high school and he didnt come to close to having as many offers. Muse was more athletic, ran the floor better, had post moves, include the reverse pivot jam. I dont see why he has all the hype and a guy like Muse didnt.