John Brandenburg update

>I just heard that new Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie was in

>town yesterday to take a look at John Brandenburg.

>

>UCLA might be visiting soon.

>

>Apparently JB had a good showing last weekend with the St.

>Louis Eagles.

>

>- Nate

He did well head to head with 6'11 Louisville commit Jeff Withey, and 6'8 unsigned JaMychal Green,

>I just dont get his hype. His numbers from his sophomore

>year 11ppg were actually down this year as a junior 8.2ppg

>and he didnt even have to share the ball with Sean Kowal

>this year. I just dont see it. I guess you cannot teach

>6'11.

Hard to score much as a 6-11 center when your guards can't get you the ball.

At 6'11 he often plays against teams with 6'3 centers. He cant score 20 against those teams off rebounding and the minimal offensive touches he gets. His guards cant be that bad giving him the ball or they would not have won that many games. Lets be realistic. 8ppg as a junior at 6'11. His numbers are down from his unspectacular 11ppg last year.

Sounds a little like Chris Braun. He was 6'10'' and had plenty of skills. He only averaged in the midteens in points and 6 or 7 rebounds at Gibault HS against small school competition, but everyone was enamored with his skills and size. He had an ok career at SLU, but that's about it.

>Sounds a little like Chris Braun. He was 6'10'' and had

>plenty of skills. He only averaged in the midteens in points

>and 6 or 7 rebounds at Gibault HS against small school

>competition, but everyone was enamored with his skills and

>size. He had an ok career at SLU, but that's about it.

Very different player than Braun.

vtime, there is 7 foot that barely is able to run down the floor, and their is 7 foot that has some coordination skills showing. that is why brandenberg gets views from ucla and kentucky and the williams kid is going to siu-e.

vtime, if he was scoring 8 ppg and had an all state set of guards on the team, i think your concerns would mean something. but keep in mind that the guards he would be playing with at ucla are likely better than the desmet guards he accomplished 8 ppg this past year. if he doesnt get the ball he cant score. and you can bet opposing teams concentrate on blocking him out from getting missed shot putbacks.

I've seen Brandenburg play a lot of AAU ball this year, last year and high school ball in between. He will do fine. For what it's worth to people, he missed high school games throughout the year due to injury and had surgery on his hand.

Thompson is also doing well with Illinois Warriors and his stock is imrproving drawing more interest from BCS schools....some schools are recruiting Thompson at the 3 and some at the 4.

Lots of high quality teams out of Illinois as usual with Warriors, Illinois Wolves, Meanstreets, Mac Irvin, Ferrari....on and on.

Nate, I would think you should have credited Frank C. with giving you (and all the rest of his listeners) that info since he said exactly what you reported, as a result of a conversation he had with DeSmet's HC.

Hard to believe that at 6'11'' you guys can fault the guards for not getting him the ball when he should be getting put backs and atleast garbage points.

But Vtime the same reason you keep touting all of these players for SLU to sign is the same reason that he is getting huge looks. He can do something that a normal person/player can't with the bonus he's 6'11''.

I saw him on CCIN vs. St. Charles West, he had a ridiculously sweet hook shot (a true hook shot) from the free throw line that swished in. I was amazed and kept the game on eventhough it was a brutally sloppy high school game.

The rest of the game? Nothing but one other basket. The kid is completely unpolished but he has enough hand-eye coordination to make scouts drool. I would love for him to go to SLU.

He reminds me of the a player like Chris Richards for Florida this year, a high level recruit that blossoms on a BCS school in the latter part of his college career.

He won't do much for anyone for a while unless he makes a huge leap his senior year but we'll probably hear about him some time in the future.

>He reminds me of the a player like Chris Richards for

>Florida this year, a high level recruit that blossoms on a

>BCS school in the latter part of his college career.

>

>He won't do much for anyone for a while unless he makes a

>huge leap his senior year but we'll probably hear about him

>some time in the future.

If Chris Richards had Brandenburg's size, running and jumping ability, he'd be one of the top five picks in this year's NBA Draft.

- Nate