Chaifetz

glanderm

At this point it's the only theory that holds any water. If that's the story they are going to tell the public (and Biondi would be a fool not to run with it), only 4 people will know the truth. Biondi, Cheryl, Chaifetz & Brad

Each of us will have to decide what we believe.

"It's still a lousy way to run a company"

I like how Chaifetz and Biondi have turned this into "their team" all of a sudden. If we pick up a solid in-game coach/recruiter and perhaps some assistants, and the program really takes off, great, everybody's happy. But if we as a program suffer from this gutless, underhanded display in the end, it's gonna be Chaifetz name on that empty arena, and Biondi's name in Bernie's mouth.

I guess they really are going for broke this time... is this what some of you wanted? Not picking fights, but are some of you truly "win big or lose big as long as it's not mediocre" pundits?

I don't think the Admin or its big new booster are representing the school, its program, or its fanbase very well with their gung ho attitude. I think they're both a bit power hungry, and I'd feel a whole lot better if we had 5-10 power hungry guys at the top as opposed to 2, one of which has a shoddy track record at "running" a basketball program, and the other which has none. At least then I'd feel like these decisions were the result of an informed democratic system and not a two-headed snake of a dictatorship.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate Chaefitz' $12-20 million, but this program didn't need to be potentially razed to the ground mid-signing period.

I'm skeptical, but I'm holding out hope that Chaifetz is the guy who lights a fire under Biondi to take the program to the next level. But not matter how motivated you are, if you don't know how to competently build a program, that motivation is not going to take you very far.

I have a presentation due tomorrow and I need to know if I should use a blue posterboard or a yellow posterboard. I ask you, because apparently yours is the only opinion that matters on this campus. God forbid you put your faith in other people to make decisions within their own departments.

i agree. if chaifetz or any booster writes an $8m check he certainly should have some juice, however, are you telling me he called tuesday morning with that request? i would assume any strings to the check would have been known back then and surely we could have had the sense to fire him the day after the george washington loss, or if not, why not convince the booster that 1. let's let the signing period play out and 2. hire our new coach behind the scene to have an immediate ability to step in and maintain damage control.

there is no defense for the way this all went down.

There were always rumors up in Wisc that Dick Bennett got the job because of an influential booster. Dick brought in Brad from U of South Dakota, etc.

RadDad - Do you remember that stuff? As I remember, consensus was that it was valid.

Anyway, there should be some quote here that's appropriate. "Live by the sword, die by the sword?"

I wish Brad and his family the best. He is a real good guy.