Buy out money is covered

brianstl

which leads me to believe that this is the work of a few high roller program backers. i love the billikens, but man this is a dice roll unless it is already carefully scripted.

I was and still will be a fan of Brad, but I have no problem if the admin wants to go in another direction. I do have a problem with the timing of this. To me this just shows how out of touch Biondi et al are on how to actually run an athletic dept. I would hope CL was not part of this. If they wanted Brad out, the time to make this decision was about a month ago, not now. Of course I want SLU to do very well and get through this, but I have real doubts about how business is being run at SLU.

Any AD worth anything should know this is not the time to make a coaching change. If it takes anymore than 5 days to hire a replacement, the rest of Spring recruiting is probably done as well. This sure throws '08 recruiting into a mess as well, unless the new coach is already recruiting this area.

Our next coach will have to make a big immediate splash to revive and heal the program. I am still kind of in shock about this--I really don't have a good feeling though about the future of SLU BB.

I agree with you completely. I wasn't for the change this year, but it is hard not to understand it. What I don't understand is the timing. Would you not have wanted to talk to the Winthrop guy.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.