alexander to illinois

the illini board is reporting that alexander has committed to UI. not all that surprising. what possibilities does that leave for us? griskenas, eberhardt, and peterson have all visited. pettigrew is set for a visit in upcoming weeks. i thought soderberg said we had made six offers and were just waiting. who is the sixth? disappointing, but not surprising. somebody better sign soon.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=169&F=2616#...F=2616&T=410617

Agreed. Supposedly stlfan has talked to Alexander, yet later in the thread he says he has never seen him play. Maybe stlfan is dead on, but that seems strange. He does proudly announce that he is a mod for another scout or rivals message board, but not sure that gives him much credibility either.

This sounds like a classic case of the internet being its own echochamber. It may be true, but at this point I'll believe it when I hear an official announcement from Illinois that they have a signed LOI in hand from Alexander.

the illinois board is strange. talk about censorship. i was backing up our bills yesterday when a few people made the typical pompous comment about the Big 10 and why would anyone go to slu. in response i basically said ask liddell, lisch, hughes, and claggett. some people were very polite and agreed with me - that decisions are often personal. they also indicated they would love to have lisch and liddell. however, one jerk made a few insulting comments. i then replied by saying that some people would rather not play on a team of convicted felons. that post was immediately deleted but the insulting comments by their guy were not.

after the guy posted something about alexander committing to UI, his post was deleted. so now - no one over there seems to know what the heck i was linking to.

I think their StlFan posted that Alexander verballed to IU, which is what you linked to. They deleted the post, so the link goes to their main board now. Nothing you did. It is just funny because they have a thread linking to this thread as the authority that Alexander verballed when this thread depended on one of their threads.

Everyone follow that?